Google warnings, Products, Missing field "priceValidUntil"

Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1

I recently noticed that I had about 152 products with 9 warnings each about on Google search console. I have attached a few screenshots of what I see. Does anyone know what this is about? How to fix the errors?

1 Like
Tourist
4 0 1

I have the same problem all of a sudden with 342 items.  Not sure what to do about it.  Never had any problems with this before.  Anyone have any advice.

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
1 0 0

Hello, Im Having the same Problem, Did you find out how to fix it?

Hope you're well and thank you in advance 

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
3 0 1

Found this link about Structured Data, hope this helps:

https://feedarmy.com/kb/shopify-microdata-for-google-shopping/

0 Likes
Excursionist
33 0 7

It sort of helps, but I can't really find the logical place in my theme to put the code, since the first 10 lines of my theme ("Minimal") are all within a <div>.  The instructions on the link page say it's important to "remove all your old structured data coding" but I have no idea what that is  or even if I ever had it. (A lot of the fields they seem to want aren't applicable to vintage items and I've been pretty much ignoring the stuff.) One of the comments mentions "itemprop" and "itemscope" but those terms are scattered at different places in the code. Has anybody who uses "Minimal" done this fix and can tell me where to paste and what to remove? (Note: the correct code for this theme seems to be located at Sections > product.template.liquid rather than at Templates > product.liquid, which is nothing but a pointer.)

I'm also getting a couple of oddball warnings/errors: a couple of items with "clickable items are too close together" and "page element too wide" (which are supposedly caused by too-large images, but I checked and the images on those items are the same size as all the rest of my images, so I have no idea what the problem is. I'm also getting a "price missing" error on a page that was deleted months ago!

1 Like
Tourist
15 0 3

I am having the same problem with Minimal.

Come on Shopify please give us your fix as I really do not like taking stuff off other websites.

The Shopify Gurus could not help me. I have been going round in circles.

Are we experiencing this problem because this theme is not compatible with Google Shopping?

@Janet_Story wrote:

It sort of helps, but I can't really find the logical place in my theme to put the code, since the first 10 lines of my theme ("Minimal") are all within a <div>.  The instructions on the link page say it's important to "remove all your old structured data coding" but I have no idea what that is  or even if I ever had it. (A lot of the fields they seem to want aren't applicable to vintage items and I've been pretty much ignoring the stuff.) One of the comments mentions "itemprop" and "itemscope" but those terms are scattered at different places in the code. Has anybody who uses "Minimal" done this fix and can tell me where to paste and what to remove? (Note: the correct code for this theme seems to be located at Sections > product.template.liquid rather than at Templates > product.liquid, which is nothing but a pointer.)

I'm also getting a couple of oddball warnings/errors: a couple of items with "clickable items are too close together" and "page element too wide" (which are supposedly caused by too-large images, but I checked and the images on those items are the same size as all the rest of my images, so I have no idea what the problem is. I'm also getting a "price missing" error on a page that was deleted months ago!

2 Likes
Excursionist
33 0 7

Well, at least I know it's not just me. I used to be pretty decent with html and css, but Liquid makes my head spin. All those Google warnings are kind of scary; does this mean my pages are getting buried in search?

1 Like
Excursionist
33 0 7

I found this free app that seems to be helping - https://apps.shopify.com/seo-all-in-one. It seems to be a lot clearer than some of the other stuff, though I'm still not sure how to fix some of the product page issues. I did put in a question about that, so hopefully I'll hear back. At least it shows you where in the code the changes belong!

It also told me that I could improve my mobile loading speed, so now I have to figure out how to tell all but my main image to lazy-load.

0 Likes
Tourist
15 0 3

I am not sure how you found that this app can help as it seems to need $200 to help with sorting out code. Can you send the full URL of where you got help on our issue. I am besides myself & Shopify should really have sent us a link instead of leaving us floundering.

0 Likes
Excursionist
33 0 7
The free plan helped with some of the questions I had - it gave the code
to paste into the product.liquid file and told me WHERE to paste it in.
There's also a feature that can select each warning and highlight what
part of the code to change. It's simply easier to understand. I
certainly have no intention of paying $200 to have somebody else sort
out my code or recommending that anybody else do that. Pointers and a
clear explanation are all I'm looking for.

The clearer explanations I found also helped by giving me a certain
amount of confidence that many of the individual warnings can be ignored
if they don't apply to you. Google has a bad habit of recommending
things that aren't necessarily relevant to every business or available
on every store plan, and not letting you turn off those warnings. 
"aggregateRating," and "review" are only relevant for people who sell
new commodity items: if you deal in AVCH (Antique, Vintage, Collectible
and Handmade) or custom-made OOAK items you won't have this information
- the same for product ID in many cases.

Some of the "missing fields" are things we fill in when we create a new
product, like SKU, and probably need to be pulled in by some code that
tells the Googlebot where to find what it's looking for.
0 Likes