Google warnings, Products, Missing field "priceValidUntil"

Excursionist
33 0 7

And it worked! Had to update my Minimal (and it's now showing version numbers, yay, now all it needs is a version number on the download page so you know if you NEED to update). Now the only Google warnings are for things that either aren't available or I don't use. Fantastic! Only one minor bug to chase (item descriptions are now in the wrong font; they belong in body text and they're showing up as a heading) but that's a small issue.

1 Like
Tourist
26 0 0

@Janet_Story 

Awesome! Glad it worked for you!

Is this what I need to remove?

product-template Remove.jpg

0 Likes
Excursionist
33 0 7

You're on the right track, especially with the first line.

I deleted both the "meta" lines in their entirety, since there are lines in the script that perform the same function. "Image" was one of the things I was getting a Google warning on, for an invalid url, and it's now okay.

Farther down there are a couple of other itemprops that can come out.

The only glitch I had is that somehow my product descriptions are now displaying in the font reserved for headers, but I have no idea what I did to make that happen and will have to leave it for another day.

0 Likes
1 0 0

Hey, im having the same issues but am not a developer, whats the best way to resolve this issue with search console? I just dont want to have to rely on a App to fix it?

https://feedarmy.com/kb/shopify-microdata-for-google-shopping/

Is there a simpler option than this?

0 Likes
Excursionist
33 0 7

No, there's not a "simpler" way unless somebody's done one since April. However, you don't need to be a developer to fix this problem -- I'm not a developer and I fixed mine. All it really takes is some basic understanding of html and css, and there are plenty of online references to help you with that. The best way to do it is to note down what all your theme customizations are, make sure you're running the latest version of your theme, then make the changes on a duplicate as shown in https://burstcommerce.com/how-to-safely-make-changes-to-your-shopify-theme/. Delete all references to itemtype, itemscope and itemprop and only those references. Then when your duplicate works the way you want it to, you can go live with it.

Or, if you don't use Google Merchant Center, you can just ignore all the warnings. They don't affect your standing in organic search.

0 Likes
1 0 0

Issue: Coding problem

Theme: SHOWTIME by Mile High

App: GOOGLE SHOPPING

I have same problem with google shopping as many in this thread.  I did everything I could figure out why my products were not approved before calling the gurus, who found and corrected a couple things.  These corrections then produced errors and warnings so the gurus bumped me up to technical. Technical  sent me the same code instructions as others note, to be inserted into my theme which is Showtime by Mile High. Because this is beyond my skills, to insert and remove prior code, I have asked Mile High to do it.  Shopify told me if Mile High does not do the fix insert/removal themselves that they should refer me to someone who will.   I am happy with my theme since 2016 and plan to keep it. This problem  is taking time, but I am hopeful for ultimate resolution. Hope this helps.   

0 Likes
1 0 0

Hi @Janet_Story Did you ever manage to sort out the header font for product descriptions?

I'm having the same problem now. 

0 Likes
Excursionist
33 0 7
Yes, but I don't remember what I did. It was something unintuitive. Do
you have "show a tab next to your product description" checked? That might
have been it.
0 Likes
1 0 0

does anyone have a copy of the basic full minimal product liquid file that we could just replace ?

0 Likes
Excursionist
23 0 4

Hi, @Janet_Story thank you very much for great findings on this massive issue. 

I'm a newbie and using Minimal theme as well. I started customizing my theme since end of May 2019 and I got the same warnings when I have Google index the site. Reading thru all the threads in this topic, I followed your inputs and have removed itemtype, itemprop, and itemscope from my Minimal product-template.liquid. I don't see Minimal liquid has JSON-LD as described in https://www.littlestreamsoftware.com/articles/removing-invalid-microdata-shopify-theme/, so I guess we don't need the removal step as described there. So far, it appears everything is kosher when I'm clicking around my product page and its content. Is there anything else I need to do? Thank you.

Now, do we need to add any JSON-LD for Google Merchant Center to work properly such as possibly adding JSON-LD from FeedArmy? 

Again, I appreciate and very grateful your help for this problem. 

0 Likes