Got an error after trying to remove dropdown line in brooklyn theme

6 0 2

Good day,

I was trying to remove the line in the bottom of the shop and got an error message in brooklyn theme.

Please help. Thank you @oscprofesionals https://swantravel.myshopify.com/admin/themes/74320379970/editorScreenshot (2).png

0 Likes

Hello 
Okay.
For that i have to check your code of css file. 

Want to modify or custom changes on store hire us.
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution .
Email: pallavi@oscprofessionals.com
Content Writer | Digital Marketing | SEO Expert | Site Optimization | Web Design | Web Development
0 Likes
Shopify Partner
74 3 4

You have accidentally removed/modified display property in line 3241 in the theme.scss.liquid file. You can go there and see what's not right, 

support@storefreelancer.com | Top Rated Upworker | Shopify Developer and Designer | Theme Customization
0 Likes
6 0 2

I have no idea what did i remove :(

0 Likes
Trailblazer
252 56 50

Hi, @kristinaswan ,

This is Evita from On The Map.

Go to Assets/theme.scss.liquid file and navigate to 3241 line, the line you will see on the left side of the editor - https://prnt.sc/pgvor8

Next, you will see display: none or something like that, that's what's causing the error, remove the code carefully, make sure closing tags are in place - {} and ;. When you are writing SCSS file, you need to be very careful, if you delete just one closing tag or add space between classes, the code breaks. And I suggest adding the code at the bottom of SCSS code, it's safer that way.

Best,
Evita

On The Map Marketing | Developing custom Shopify Sites & Apps is our thing

- Install our latest app Accessibly - Makes your store accessible for everyone, helps to avoid fines
- Inc 5000 | Shopify Parners | 20+ stores launched | 300+ active clients
- Need help with your Shopify store? Reach out to us!
0 Likes
6 0 2

Hello Evita, 

This is what i see when I go to this 3241. Even if I put closing tags and ; it shows the same errorScreenshot (3).png

0 Likes
Trailblazer
252 56 50

Can you add your SCSS file in ZIP? I will look wheres the error.

On The Map Marketing | Developing custom Shopify Sites & Apps is our thing

- Install our latest app Accessibly - Makes your store accessible for everyone, helps to avoid fines
- Inc 5000 | Shopify Parners | 20+ stores launched | 300+ active clients
- Need help with your Shopify store? Reach out to us!
0 Likes
6 0 2

Hey, 

I just copy/pasted the code from the original brooklyn theme and it worked :) Thank you for your help!

1 Like
Shopify Partner
74 3 4

Good to know you found a solution. 

support@storefreelancer.com | Top Rated Upworker | Shopify Developer and Designer | Theme Customization
0 Likes