Guest checkout without name, email and address information

Highlighted
Tourist
21 0 2

1. Is it possible in Shopify in anyway to have TRUE guest checkout? Meaning, after clicking the checkout button on Cart page, the user should be directly taken to the Payment Option panel (skip Customer Information)

2. Is it possible via Shopify Plus? They give the control to checkout.liquid, but I am not sure if it's possible.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
114 0 17

Hey Saurabh! 

Dave here from  the Guru Team :)  

So basically the customer information that is collected on the initial pages of the checkout is actually used to calculate the Shipping Information that appears in the second step. If you wanted to bypass this entirely you can certainly do so by disabling shipping on all your products. To do this you can go from your Admin to your individual products and unchecking 'this product requires shipping'. This will however mean that the customer will still have to enter a billing address to help with authentication and shipping charges would not be added. So as you can imagine it's not necessarily ideal unless the products didn't actually require shipping. 

So in brief while this process can be altered slightly however there will always need to be some form of customer details taken. This would also not be changeable in Plus - while the checkout itself can be edited the flow itself cannot be changed :)

I hope this helps shed some light on this for you!

All the Best,

Dave | Shopify 

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi, I have a set of products with free shipping that I will be selling in My shop for particular customers, is there an option in Shopify or any application that they can skip the shipping details, and proceed in paying the item. This will be delivered in different branches and I already created a variant in the product itself that they can select in order for me to know what branch will this be delivered. Let me know if there is any application that can help me with this. 

0 Likes