HELP! Code broken? Click on product page thumbnails results in full page foto.

Solved
Tourist
5 0 2

When clicking on a product thumbnail the picture doesn't open in the image field. Instead the image fills the whole window and one has to click the back button to get out. Before, you could click through the different thumbs for alternate images of products. 

https://wyldwoman.com/collections/all-products/products/gypsy05-%E3%80%87-ava-halter-maxi-dress

I don't remember having manipulated the code in this area. I'm usually tinkering with the code and try out what works. I hope someone can help, as this time I'm completely stuck.

0 Likes

Success.

Shopify Partner
69 3 4

Hi,

Let me access your store to fix it? I will need your xx.myshopify.com url to request access. 

Also, when you play with code, always create a backup copy of your theme :)

Best,

support@storefreelancer.com | Top Rated Upworker | Shopify Developer and Designer | Theme Customization
1 Like
Tourist
5 0 2

wyldwoman.myshopify.com

Thank you!

0 Likes

Success.

Shopify Partner
69 3 4

Hello Eva,

I have access to your store theme section, there are many products templates I need to know which one are you using and have to changed anything in any .js file?

support@storefreelancer.com | Top Rated Upworker | Shopify Developer and Designer | Theme Customization
1 Like
Tourist
5 0 2

I'm using 

• product.alternate
  • product 
  • product.US
  • product.EU

I have changed:

Theme.js.liquid (added code that opens external links in new tab)

but this is a while ago

I have mostly changed stylesheet, product templates, header

0 Likes

Success.

Community Manager
Community Manager
2370 163 339

Hi Eva, 

Nick here from Shopify. 

I had a quick look and saw your theme was developed by a third party called "Underground Themes". Should you still need help with getting this fixed, it could be worth reaching out to them directly from their website here. Because it is a third party theme, the code is unfamiliar to the Shopify theme team and the developer is the best bet to look into adjusting this for you. 

All the best, Nick

Nick | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Tourist
5 0 2

Hi Nick, I contacted Underground now. THanks!

1 Like
Shopify Partner
6 0 2

Hi Eva, glad to see you're getting closer to a resolution on this issue! If you'd like to avoid having this sort of thing happen again, I'd recommend looking in to an automated backup app like Rewind in the app store. With that in place, you could just roll back to a previous point in time in case you ever run into a future issue because of changes to the code – it's a pretty common use case!

Good luck,
Henry

Rewind Backups for Shopify.
1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hello!! I am having the same issue with one of my websites. Could you please help or let me know where I should be looking for the culprit?!

www.aerosunzusa.com

0 Likes