HELP! Liquid error: Could not find asset snippets/.liquid

Highlighted
Tourist
10 0 1

Hi All,

I have purchased a theme through Underground Media, great themes, however the owner is out of down until October 20th (Wedding & HoneyMoon), and is unable to answer questions about the themes until then. 

Until I can reach out to Richard, the owner, himself, I'm wondering if anyone can help me troubleshoot a Liquid Error.

On my homepage, I'm getting the error: "Liquid error: Could not find asset snippets/.liquid", it appears three times below Homepage Slideshow/Content,  right above the Footer.

The website is: WWW.JAKIMAC.COM, currently password protected, code is "blueberry".

I've looked through the theme files, reinstalled the theme, checked out the custom code on my pages and products, and found nothing so far.  I've exhausted all the troubleshooting methods I know how to do. 

I'm happy to give you a Staff invite to check it out.  Please help! Thank you!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
9978 110 1791

Since it's only happening on the home page the code you're looking for is likely to be in index.liquid (down the bottom) or in theme.liquid (above the footer somewhere). I would guess there's some liquid checking for an empty string incorrectly. If you can at least find the section of code creating the error it should be easy enough to adjust one we see it.

★ Winning Partner of the Build a Business competition. ★ http://freakdesign.com.au
1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
10 0 1

Thanks Jason.  What would you charge to go in and edit? I've looked over the Index & theme files and cannot find anything.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
9978 110 1791

Designers and devs are not encouraged to solicit work on the forums outside of the dedicated job board. The help offered here is free. You're welcome to contact me directly, but you should be able to DIY.

Feel free to post some code from around that section where the error is happening.

Check this thread to see if it applies to you too.
https://ecommerce.shopify.com/c/ecommerce-design/t/liquid-error-could-not-find-asset-snippets-liquid...

★ Winning Partner of the Build a Business competition. ★ http://freakdesign.com.au
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
10 0 1

Thank you Jason, sorry about that I didn't know you weren't able to post for hire in here! Definitely not trying to get anyone in trouble.

So, actually the owner of the theme was able to get back to me! Here was his fix:

Shopify made an update that has knocked some of the logic in the theme.
In the admin click on themes > customise theme > Edit HTML / CSS
On the next page choose: Templates > index.liquid

On lines 113 - 127 you should see this:

{% if settings.block1 != 'None' %}
{% include settings.block1 %}
{% endif %}
{% if settings.block2 != 'None' %}
{% include settings.block2 %}
{% endif %}
{% if settings.block3 != 'None' %}
{% include settings.block3 %}
{% endif %}
{% if settings.block4 != 'None' %}
{% include settings.block4 %}
{% endif %}
{% if settings.block5 != 'None' %}
{% include settings.block5 %}
{% endif %}

replace it with this:

{% if settings.block1 != '' %}
{% include settings.block1 %}
{% endif %}
{% if settings.block2 != '' %}
{% include settings.block2 %}
{% endif %}
{% if settings.block3 != '' %}
{% include settings.block3 %}
{% endif %}
{% if settings.block4 != '' %}
{% include settings.block4 %}
{% endif %}
{% if settings.block5 != '' %}
{% include settings.block5 %}
{% endif %}

click save when done.
This will remove the issue.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
9978 110 1791

No one will get in trouble ;) It just helps curb the dodgy peeps blasting everyone with their 'services'.

Looks like the fix was like that other link I posted. You've noted the entire code so next time I see someone asking I'll just flick them to your post. Nice one.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi Jason

I really hope you can assist.

This code "Liquid error: (product-grid-item line 82): Could not find asset snippets/judgeme_core.liquid" showing on all pages below products.

I tried to remove all code and snippets with "judgeme" in as I removed this app and didn't want it possibly slowing down my site unnecessarily, but I think I might have deleted snippets I shouldn't have.

I really need assistance asap please!

My store is www.allaboutthatwine.co.za and I'm using the minimal theme. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
7 0 0

I just switched to a new theme (the theme is Testament) and tried to re-install my restock notification app to this theme. However, now under all products live on the website this message is shown "Liquid error (product-form line 96): Could not find asset snippets/da-restock.liquid". Does anyone know how to fix this? Please help!

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I had the same problem after removing an App that was my temporary coming soon page. My could not find asset snippet in my case was "could not find asset snippet easy-coming-soon.liquid" which was being shown in the header of my website pages. I had actually deleted it so I just created a new snippet called the same thing that it was looking for -> easy-coming-soon.liquid and left the content in it blank and it worked. Not sure if this a Micky mouse way of doing it but delating the Easy coming soon app caused issued on my website. 

0 Likes