HORRIBLE navigation on Shopify .

Tourist
42 0 1

I'm trying to setup collection TAGS , but I don't want to tag a bunch of items in a category , I want to tag a category itself . Example , 

ATV GRAPHICS > HONDA > 90>125>250 SO ON .

SO when I click the ATV Graphics Section I want it to display all collections but NOT the items .. 

How do I do this ??

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
31 0 3

Experiment with the Buy Button  (located in the left side bar under Sales Channels)

It will let you display Collections on any page you want

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
42 0 1

I looked but I don't even see the word Collections in that section at all .

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
322 47 90

@sparky337 I think what you are trying to do is this (basically a page with nested collections).

Another option that may work for you is to use this app (there are others).

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
42 0 1

Basically if you go to my website and select ATV Graphics it should show the collection groups 
 Honda , Suzuki , Kawasaki and others . As of now when you select ATV graphics it shows nothing . 

If anyone has a solution I will GLADLY pay $$$ 

https://www.krazygraphics.com/

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
322 47 90

Yep I understand. What you are trying to do is called 'nested collections' which Shopify (infamously) does not support out of the box. The article I linked you too is one way around this, but I agree it's a bit painful. Maybe someone on here is aware of an app that does it.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
42 0 1

WOW , it's too bad Shopify doesn't support it , Why in the heck would they not is the question . It seems like every time I turn the corner shopify is giving me the finger ! WOW ....... 1 problem after another. I guess its my fault for being an IDIOT and coming to shopify .  

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
322 47 90

:) yep it's definitely a trade off of simplicity vs complexity. I see a lot of people on here want nested collections.

Magento supports it and has lots of other functionality, but it's also fiendishly complicated for the average user and you have to take care of hosting. Every time I think about hating Shopify for something or other, I remind myself how much more I hated Magento :)

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
42 0 1

I switched from OpenCart and I had my site loaded with all features , I was told Shopify was the best so I made the switch. I'm just scratching my head wondering why they would not offer such a thing.  I will just have to create back links in all collections that point to the places I need . It will be SLOPPY but at least it will work . I hope Shopify will wake up and understand that instead of making things easier for people ,they are actually making it harder on us . I was hoping to INCREASE my sales , not LOSE sales because my website won't support my needs . I will contact a guy I know in Indonesia and see what he can come up with .

0 Likes