HTML For E-mail Templates to Include First Name

west_cohan
13 0 0

Greetings,

Looking to personalize our automated e-mail templates through Shopify and our 3rd party app Klaviyo (great app btw).

Specifically, looking to include some HTML so that the e-mail greeting will input the custom First Name of each e-mail recipient.

For example, if Becky Smith made a purchase on our website, we would want the automated e-mail template to begin:

Dear Becky,

Thank you for your recent purchase yada yada.

Can anyone help with that HTML? I've been tinkering around myself but can't figure it out...

Thank you,

Lémore

www.lemorebeauty.com

0 Likes
Britton_Jenner
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
400 0 74

Hi Lémore,

Britton here with the Shopify support team.

To edit Shopify email confirmations you would go to Settings > Notifications in your admin. The template that you would want to change here is called the "order confirmation" template.

In order to pull the customer's first name from an order you would use this liquid object: 

{{ customer.first_name }}

Including that in the order confirmation template will insert the first name of the customer that made the order. Here is an example from me test store: https://screenshot.click/29-25-o95by_fo7td.jpg.

If you want to make further edits to your notification templates we have some documentation on how to do that here and you can find a list of variables for the email templates here.

I hope that helps you get your templates how you want them!

-Britton

Britton Shopify Guru
0 Likes
west_cohan
13 0 0

Awesome thank you, Britton!

Continue to be impressed by the Shopify team.

Sincerely,

West Cohan

0 Likes
MkdMaya
Tourist
11 0 2

Hello @Britton_Jenner ,

I"mm having an issue on the display names on emails . on the html i can see hello {{customer.first_name}}

However in the emails of my customers, they are receiving "Hello    , " blank 

When i do the test I can see Hello John because i guess the default example is set to john .
How i can solve this problem please?

Maya

0 Likes