Having the SKU show up on the main products lists page

Tourist
18 0 1

Looking for a way to have the SKU visible on the products list page.  Basically I want it to show up as a filterable field if at all possible.

https://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/cqi6ocO23n

Thanks,
Andrew

1 Like
Highlighted
Astronaut
1112 150 285

You can click the little checkbox at the top of the product list and click "edit products" to do a bulk edit and add SKU as one of the fields to show up. I do not know of a way to sort by SKU though unfortunately.

If my solution helped you, please like and accept as solution!
If you'd like to make any edits to your store, please send me a personal message and we can discuss what you'd like to accomplish :D
1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
18 0 1

I tried the bulk edit feature (thanks for that tip) - however it will not let me add additional selections.  I click on the edit/add and it pops up the window with options but will not keep/add the selection.....

0 Likes
Highlighted
Astronaut
1112 150 285

I think Shopify may be having some kind of hiccup at the moment. I see the behavior you're talking about, this usually works. I was also unable to use their dropdowns to select product types or product vendors earlier while creating a product. Everytime I clicked something from the drop down it wouldn't populate, had to manually type them in. So maybe check back in a bit, as this should usually work.

If you'd like to make any edits to your store, please send me a personal message and we can discuss what you'd like to accomplish :D
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
18 0 1

Strange, I cannot get the bulk editor to allow me to add a column.....  See the screencast for details.

https://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/cqi6qGO2Jy

0 Likes
Highlighted
Astronaut
1112 150 285

yeah like I said, I'm experiencing the same thing at the moment. Usually, this feature does work though, and obviously that's how it's supposed to -- but I have no idea what they're doing on the backend at the moment, or if they are even aware that this feature is screwing up right now. Sometimes I can get it to work if I refresh, but a lot of the time it is simply not adding.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
18 0 1

Yep, F5/Refresh did the trick.  Strange.... Without a sorting/filtering feature it's not near as useful.  Okay for now with only a few products but add a ton more and it would be a little busy.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
226 28 65

Hi @Cool_CNC_Stuff,

Thank you for getting in touch about this and for providing those videos, they're a big help.

The best solution for viewing SKU numbers for multiple products is by doing what @Ninthony suggested, which is via the bulk editor. I can certainly appreciate the ability to just filter by SKU in the main products page would be easier, so I will be submitting your feedback to our development team to be considered for as a potential feature in future. In terms of the bug you experienced, I'm glad to hear a simple refresh helped, but if this keeps happening please do get in touch and let us know so we can troubleshoot that for you in more detail.

There is one other solution you could try, which would help when it comes to filtering through SKUs when you have more products in the store. You can export all products from the store into a CSV file that can then be opened and viewed in spreadsheet programs, such as Excel or Google Sheets. From there, you can apply filters within the program and more easily sift through whatever data you are looking for. If you make any changes you can then import the file back into your admin and overwrite the product data that's in the store. I recognize that this isn't a perfect solution as it involves managing data outside of the Shopify platform, but it is an alternative to using the bulk editor if you prefer it.

Thanks again for reaching out and please let me know if you have any further questions.

Kind regards,

Victor | Shopify Social Care

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
18 0 1

Hey Victor,

Thanks for addressing this.  I knew about the CSV export option but that seems like a ton of "extra" work for one to have to do just to "sort" a list of products.  I did find that if I filter on the main products tab and then hit edit I can at least be only looking at the down selected items.  It does do some version of sorting (Showing all products where product type is Warning Streamers, sorted by title in ascending order) which leads me to believe there is a code edit that would let me set it to sort by SKU number instead.  Do you have a suggestion for where to look for this option?

Also, please look at my other post with a question I cannot find a solution for.

https://community.shopify.com/c/Shopify-Design/Issue-with-quot-Allow-customers-to-purchase-this-prod...

Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Astronaut
1112 150 285

@Cool_CNC_Stuff 

Honestly, doing CSV edits is honestly usually not too bad (sometimes easier than working in shopify) if you know what you need to filter out. But I do agree that a sort by SKU should definitely already be a thing.

0 Likes