Help! How do I include "Notes" and "Additional Details" into my Order Confirmation Email?

Highlighted
1 0 0

I had a customer who selected a wrong delivery timing, as reflected in the "additional details" section. As the order confirmation email does not have the "notes" and "additional details" section, she had no idea it was incorrect and didn't contact us to rectify.

As a result, we delivered her order when she was unavailable and received a complaint for it.

Does any one know what html code I can use to include these 2 bits of information under the payment method of the default order confirmation template? 

Kind Regards!

This is my order confirmation email preview.This is my order confirmation email preview.

I would like the information (circled in red) to be included in the order confirmation email. There is no information on how to do it.I would like the information (circled in red) to be included in the order confirmation email. There is no information on how to do it.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1280 169 402

You can do it in the checkout in the Additional Scripts section. It accepts HTML and it also has access to the cart.note and cart.attributes. 

So to put it in the order confirmation page go to Settings > Checkout. Scroll down to additional scripts and you can place some code like this:

<style>
.order-note, .attributes{
font-size: 1.3em;
margin-top: 20px;
}
</style>
<div class="order-note">
Order Note: {{ note }}
</div>
<div class="attributes">
Attributes: {{ attributes.authorize-dropoff }}
</div>

Where "authorize-dropoff" is the name of my attribute on the cart page. So replace that with whatever the name is in the html element. You'll get something like this in the order confirmation page, my note accepts a birthday and the attribute is for authorizing unattended dropoff:

Where you put it:

Order_Confirmation_Page.jpg

What you get:

Order_Conf_In_Action.jpg

You can use the same code on the order conf email. Go to Settings and Notifications, click Order Confirmation and you could place it at the end of the line-item table:

Where to put it:

Email_Confirmation.jpg

What you get:

Email_Confirmation_In_Action.jpg

Try it out and let me know if you need any help.

If my solution helped you, please like and accept as solution!
If you'd like to make any edits to your store, please send me a personal message and we can discuss what you'd like to accomplish :D
0 Likes