Help - I need to restore my website to an older version

gcd2021
Visitor
2 0 0

Hello 

The variants on my website weren't working so I tried changing the code by following the advice in support groups. I accidentally deleted a code and saved the theme. I couldn't remember what the code was so I copied the theme.js code from a new debut theme to my existing theme. This has ruined my website. 

1. The initial problem of the variants not changing still exists 

2. My slideshow has disappeared. 

Please help. I don't know what to do. I built my website myself - www.goodcakeday.com 

Replies 4 (4)

Dirk
Shopify Staff
2209 247 502

Hey, @gcd2021 

Thanks for reaching out today. I'm happy to offer some advice. There are a couple of different steps that you can take to reverse or get your theme liquid back to the default state. Below I'll share a couple of those options for you.

In the future, if you plan to make changes to the theme code, always back up your current theme first by creating a duplicate copy. This link will take you to a help document that explains how to do that.

My first suggestion is to look at your theme code and try to revert back to a previous theme version. Head to Online Store > Themes > Actions > Edit code and select the theme liquid. Here you can click on older versions and revert back to previous backed-up copies of your theme that are created and timestamped based on when you made changes to the code.

Dirk_0-1618238195249.jpeg

If this doesn't work, I would consider downloading a fresh copy of your theme from the theme store or developer and starting fresh. Although this may be a slower fix, especially if you were already making some customizations, it doesn't cost anything to download a new copy of a theme.

I hope this helps! If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Dirk | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

gcd2021
Visitor
2 0 0
Hi Dirk

Thank you for your email.

I tried the liquid change but now the variants don't change at all. Could you please help me with that? Please let me know if you need anything from me to help with this.

Thank you.

Chinelo
LTMSHOP
Tourist
4 0 0

this saved my day! 😥

Dirk
Shopify Staff
2209 247 502

Happy to hear, @LTMSHOP!

If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Dirk | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog