Help. Wrong main image showing up on product page

CoryM
Excursionist
21 0 3

I know that the larger image is the default image for the page.  But when there are variants, the top variant is the picture that is default.  How do i keep my variants, but select a different image as my default image?

www.HomeGadgetsPlus.com

Thank you.

Replies 6 (6)

Helen
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1425 174 285

Hey, @CoryM! Thanks for your question. 

This can be achieved by making a customization to your theme code. If you are comfortable with doing it yourself, we have a Tutorial for Showing Featured Image Until a Variant is Selected with the step-by-step instructions. 

Which theme are you using?

If you would like a hand with this, and you’re using a paid theme, I recommend contacting a Shopify Expert for assistance with it.

However, if you are using a free Shopify-made theme, then our Theme department may be able to help. If this is the case, just reply back here to let me know, and I’m happy to look into this option for you.

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

CoryM
Excursionist
21 0 3

Thank you Helen.  I think i can do it myself.  the instructions seem pretty clear.  But I have to decide if I really want this.  The instructions you sent mentions that if I do this, the price won't show up until they select a variant.  .  That makes sense, but not sure I want that to be the case.  i'll think about it.

While I have you, do you mind if I PM you for another question?

Thanks

Vitor_
Visitor
1 0 2

I have a similar but more simple problem.

The tumb on the collection page is OK, it is the first product image. But in the product page the main image is wrong and It is not the larger image. I don't know the reason for that image is the main one. I just want that the first image to be the main image on the product page. Is it possible? Or  I want to select a certain picture from the product pictures to be the main picture that the visitor will see when entering a product page.

Could you help me? Thank you a lot!

bergab_
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi Helen,

I am having the same issue however, I am using Dawn as my theme which is a free Shopify theme. I can drag around the product images but the first variant's image is automatically displayed when a product is clicked on. I've been trying to find a work around for hours but can't seem to find anything. 

NOLAKitchen
4 0 0

Hi, i am having a similar issue. Did you ever find an answer for this?

RYANCRUZ26
Tourist
3 0 2

Hey Helen,

What should I do in this situation for mywebsite: muvez.co - please see link below for an explanatory video

https://www.loom.com/share/b4a1c07499a64cd68749b711b5f9fe22

thank you - Ryan