Help *keeping* sold out listings

Solved
Excursionist
21 0 3
Hello,
Shop is blackcoyotejewlery.com and password is paisley
I want all my sold items to be held in a collection just for sold out items. I’ve already created this collection, named “Sold Gallery” on my site. I’ve set the condition for the collection to be “must match all conditions” and “Inventory stock is equal to 0”. If I go to the “collections” dashboard it says I have 6 products auto-sorted into the Sold Gallery collection. But on the site it shows nothing. How do I fix this?
0 Likes
Shopify Partner
105 4 32

Hey!

First of all your site is down, which is good.

It's good because posting a password on a web-facing forum is bad.

If you can get the website back online (and change the password) I can figure out what's going on and then advice on follow-up steps.

And since I haven't said it yet, change the password.

Building custom, public-facing Shopify Apps for various niches. Ping me with your app ideas!

My Apps:
* Countries We Ship To Button (Free!) - Show your customers where you ship to with a crisp button + pop-up!

My Tutorials:
* Get Notified When New Comments Are Added To Your Shopify Blog (Free!) - A quick & easy tutorial to set up a free web-service that e-mails you when you get a new comment on your Shopify blog!
1 Like
Excursionist
21 0 3
I’m a bit confused. I am extremely new here, but from all the questions & answers I’ve read, it seemed like this is standard operating procedure. The site isn’t really “down”, it’s password protected while I set it up. Which is what's expected with shopify as far as I can tell. The “password” isn’t for admin access. I would never give that out. It’s simply the password to get through the “site maintenance” type screen and see the site. Almost every question I’ve read, someone asks for help and posts their website, the the person trying to help says something like “hey your site password protected, what’s the password?”, the asker gives the password, the helper uses the password to see the site, and then helps the asker. So I thought I was saving everyone a few steps.
I have no intention of removing the password screen or changing the password.
Hopefully someone can still help me with my question.
0 Likes
Shopify Partner
105 4 32
Hey!

So, the site is actually down, as in not reachable, at least from my browser.

Blackcoyotejewlery.com, right?
Building custom, public-facing Shopify Apps for various niches. Ping me with your app ideas!

My Apps:
* Countries We Ship To Button (Free!) - Show your customers where you ship to with a crisp button + pop-up!

My Tutorials:
* Get Notified When New Comments Are Added To Your Shopify Blog (Free!) - A quick & easy tutorial to set up a free web-service that e-mails you when you get a new comment on your Shopify blog!
1 Like
Excursionist
21 0 3

I apologize, there was a typo. It is BlackCoyoteJewelry.com  <--- and the link should be clickable now

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
105 4 32
Awesome, I'm in now. Will take a look and get back to you.

My Apps:

My Tutorials:
1 Like
Shopify Partner
105 4 32

Alright @JanelleG - from first look, this is the code for your sold out gallery:

image.pngConsider the difference between the two links

Note the two red squares I marked with

<a href= ...> ..... </a>

tags inside of them? The top one is the link that leads to your sold collection, the bottom one is the link that leads to you ring collection.

The top one is broken - it leads to #, which just opens the same page you're on right now (i.e. you click on it and nothing happens). The bottom one leads to a link to the correct collection at collections/rings.

This could happen due to one of two reasons, in my book:

1. The widget you use to set up the image tiles does not recognize your collection

2. The widget you use to set up the image tiles recognizes the collection, but considers it empty

Either way, I'd need to look at the liquid code generated for that portion of the page to be of more help. If you'd like, I can take a better look by getting limited access to your store to look around. I've sent you a request via the partner platform - you should've gotten an email.

(Excuse any delay in my response in advance, stepping into something).

My Apps:

My Tutorials:
1 Like
Excursionist
21 0 3
Thank you. I will grant access once I’m back on desktop.

As for “ The widget you use to set up the image tiles” I’m not sure what that means. I just used the shopify theme customization dashboard thingy. But I’m not good with the terminology yet. Hopefully you can figure it out!
0 Likes
Shopify Partner
105 4 32

Yep, no problem. Will take me a while to be in front of my machine too (on mobile). See you soon!

My Apps:

My Tutorials:
1 Like

Success.

Shopify Partner
105 4 32

@JanelleG back at my computer now. Some things:

1. Top Menu Link - Was pointing to the incorrect collection. Fixed it, and is now pointing to the right one.
2. Items Were Not Available On Online Store - Not sure why, but the items that you marked as sold out (six of them, as you mentioned) were also marked as "unavailable" on all sales channels, including the online store. This means that even if the collection page was pointing to the correct address, it would not display anything - since those products do not exist (at least as far as the online store is concerned). Here's an example of what an available item and unavailable item look one after the other in the collection screen:

image.pngSee how the top one is available, and the bottom one is not?

And now the Turquoise (lovely!) necklace is showing on the "sold gallery" collection page:

image.pngTada!

I've taken the liberty of making all 6 products available across all of your sales channels, if you don't mind. You can always remove some of them from one or more channels later. Now they're all showing up:

image.pngSweet!

3. Collection Tile Link Not Working - the "tile" is the image you click on in the main page to get to the collection - the one I was talking about before, remember?

image.pngThat's a tile!The reason why we saw the # thingie in the link before, was because the collection was empty. Now that it's full it's leading to the correct page - you can click on it to try.

Does this solve your problem? :)

My Apps:

My Tutorials:
1 Like