Help on removing Shopify domain on footer

LaseMakers
Shopify Partner
49 0 21

Hi, 

Please help me. I connected a third party domain (treslunassv.com) to my shop and put it as my primary domain, but I don't unsterstand why my shopify name.com (3tres-lunas. es.shopify.com) still appears on my footer and web search. 

Problema con Tres lunas domain.png

Will really appreciate your insight.

Thank you.

Carolina

0 Likes
Jason
Shopify Expert
10277 144 1945

It is possible the theme is outputting the myshopify url by default. It would be odd for it to do that, but perhaps the theme developer made an error or just did something weird.

What theme are you using? Hard to give much advice without knowing that. It's also possible the forum members may need a little bit of code to help narrow down where it's coming from.

I jump on these forums to help and share some insights. Not looking to be hired, and not looking for work.

Don't hand out staff invites or give admin password to forum members unless absolutely needed. In most cases the help you need can be handled without that.

★ http://freakdesign.com.au ★
0 Likes
LaseMakers
Shopify Partner
49 0 21

Hi @Jason 

I'm using Symmetry theme by Clean Canvas.

I will really appreciate any coding advice to remove it.

Thank you!!

0 Likes
Jason
Shopify Expert
10277 144 1945

Those devs made a video that could help you.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewt4Iea-Zlw

See if that gives you enough to work with otherwise post back and we can try a more conversational approach.

I jump on these forums to help and share some insights. Not looking to be hired, and not looking for work.

Don't hand out staff invites or give admin password to forum members unless absolutely needed. In most cases the help you need can be handled without that.

★ http://freakdesign.com.au ★
0 Likes
NZA
Tourist
10 0 1

Hey man,  I don't know about your theme but that section usually shows the store name and not the domain. Plus powered by Shopify and sometimes credit for the theme developer.

I hope you have tried changing it in Theme>Edit Languages>Search for "powered" and "developed" and type "space" in those sections if you want it empty.

If that doesn't work go to edit code & open the footer.liquid file. 

Press CTRL + F and search for "copywrite" 

The line responsible for that section has this word in it, modify it to get the result you want. I don't know what is your code so I can't specify

0 Likes
LaseMakers
Shopify Partner
49 0 21

Thank you for the video!

I tried coding and it worked a little but still have a little problem. 

I deleted in the footer liquid this:

<div class="copyright">
<span class="copy">&copy; {{ "now" | date: "%Y" }} <a href="{{ routes.root_url }}">{{ shop.name }}</a>.</span>

But know it appeas es.shopify.com on footer. I did all the steps on the video but can get rid of this, I will like to see "@2021 Tres Lunas/ Las eMakers"

Problema tres lunas 2.png

Can you help me?

Really appreciating your help.

Carolina

0 Likes
NZA
Tourist
10 0 1

Have you tried Ctrl + F and searching for "es.myshopify.com" in the same file ? Try doing the same thing in languages I'm sure you will find it in one of the two.

First time I see this specific writing so I don't know where the exact code for it is. maybe @KetanKumar  can be of help here.

0 Likes
LaseMakers
Shopify Partner
49 0 21

Thank you!!

I was able to solve my problem

0 Likes