Help with Collection Sub Categories

Excursionist
25 0 4

i feel silly asking for such a basic item... but I have a category drop down menu on my site.. I have 42 collections on my site

I dont want to put 42 links in my category section so I was hoping to have 9-10 Parent Categories and when they are clicked it will bring you to a page similar to the "all collections" Page but instead of showing all the collections I want it to show the defined subcategories of the parent.. .for example Parent category would be Electronics, when you click it, it takes you to a page of subs.. like accessories, pcs, tablets, etc.

Why isnt this an included function

Shopify Partner
1488 148 208

few themes have featured collections section, if your theme has it then you can do it else you need to either change theme or get it customized to have this section.

you are welcome to contact me.
My email - suyash.patankar@gmail.com
0 Likes
Shopify Partner
561 61 94

Hey there @Easthillsupply,

First, this is not a silly question - it's a legit one. Many store owners have requested this feature and I've done it using code customization. You can visit this store https://sdk.lv (Check the sidebar).

The reason for using custom code to get this functionality is because Shopify doesn't have this feature so you must do it through custom code.

So if you can do the coding then

1) Create a new page template

2) Loop through all collections

3) Use an if statement to display only specified collections

If you need my help, you can contact me.

If helpful, please Like and Accept Solution
Want to hire me?
Contact Me At
WhatsApp or email me at umairabbascs@gmail.com
Hire me for 1) Theme coding 2) PSD to Shopify 3) Store optimization 4) SEO 5) Store setup 6) and more!
0 Likes
Excursionist
25 0 4

I have the featured collections section, how do i place that on its own page instead of just the homepage?

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
1488 148 208
need to copy code on pages, if you do not know then please add me to staff
and I will do it, you can contact me and add me to staff on given email
you are welcome to contact me.
My email - suyash.patankar@gmail.com
0 Likes