Help with Gift Card please?

Highlighted
Explorer
50 6 6

I've been following the tutorial for adding a gift card. The instructions say to >products>gift card> manage gift card (I don't have manage gift card on that page) However, I do have Gift Card Products. Should I just select that? I just want to be sure I'm doing this right. I completed the page, inserted my photo, and saved my page. After I finished saving it, I went directly to my products page but the image of the card doesn't show up. I've been trying this over and over. I will appreciate any help. Thanks everyone!

2020-08-25.png

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
908 85 161

Hey, @lovica!

Lulu here from the Shopify Support team. Thank you for getting in touch and I'll be more than happy to help you out with your question.

Yes, you are correct in the steps you are following to create a gift card. Perhaps you have not added the gift card to a collection and that is why it is not appearing on your page? You also need to add the gift card to your navigation for it to be shown on your storefront. To add a gift card to a collection you can follow these steps: 

You can add gift card products to a manual collection or an automated collection like any other product. You can also add a gift card to an existing manual collection on the gift card's product details page.

To add the gift card to an existing manual collection:

1. From your Shopify admin, go to Products > Gift Cards.

2. Click Manage gift card products.

3. Click the gift card that you want to edit.

4. In the Collections section, enter the name of an existing manual collection to search for it.

5. Click the collection name to add the gift card.

Another thing to keep in mind is when you create a new gift card product, it is hidden from your active sales channels by default. To begin selling it, you need to publish it to one or more of your active sales channels.

You can publish a gift card product to a sales channel by changing the availability settings on its details page.

To publish a gift card product:

1. From your Shopify admin, go to Products > All products.

3. Click the gift card that you want to edit.

4. In the Sales channels section, make the gift card available on one of your active sales channels.

5. Click Save.

I hope this helps you get sorted but we also have an excellent guide on gift cards in our help centre here. Have a look and let me know if you need any clarification or if you have any further questions at all. 

Lulu | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

1 Like
Highlighted
Explorer
50 6 6

Hi Lulu,

Thank you for your help. After I click on Gift Cards, there is nothing there that says Manage gift card products. My only option is Create a Gift card product. 

1. From your Shopify admin, go to Products > Gift Cards.

Thank you kindly

0 Likes