Help with code for the same aspect ratio size on Symmetry Theme product pages.

Highlighted
3 0 0

Hi there!

Does anyone have a coding solution for keeping the product page photos the same aspect ratio on the Symmetry theme? When I scroll through the products on a desktop or phone, the aspect ratio changes with each varying photo which causes the page/navigation to go crazy. I am hoping to get code to fix this instead of using a resizing app or similar. Thank you so much for any help!!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
836 127 141

Hi There!

It could be done via code but it would be more economical to just install a photo resizing app to resize them all for you as the cost of implementing a fixed ratio will exceed the cost of any app.

- Did we solve your issue? Like & Mark As Solution to help the community
- Should you need any direct help: contact@jhkconsultancy.com
K&J
0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

@JHKC Thank you for the reply! Is that because it would cost a lot of money to hire a coder to fix that? I am thinking that it would be good to pay up to a couple hundred dollars for a coder since a Shopify app over the course of a few years at 5$/month would cost more, right?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
836 127 141

@cbgallery well in case you're thinking long term then it would make sense not to have an app for that. I can assist you on that, drop me an email at contact@jhkconsultancy.com so we can have a look at your website, show you a simulation on how a coding solution would be and decide what to do then.

Cheers!

- Did we solve your issue? Like & Mark As Solution to help the community
- Should you need any direct help: contact@jhkconsultancy.com
K&J
0 Likes