Help with removing excess white space on product page!

Solved
Highlighted
7 0 0

Screen Shot 2020-01-20 at 11.00.25 AM.pngScreen Shot 2020-01-20 at 11.00.48 AM.pngScreen Shot 2020-01-20 at 11.01.05 AM.pngI don't like the way this looks with the excessive white next to the product description. Can someone please help me with removing this!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Success.

Shopify Partner
454 64 128

You don't say what theme you are using so exact solution may vary but have a read of this, you should be able to work it out for your theme from there.

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution
0 Likes
Highlighted
7 0 0

I am using the Brooklyn Theme, I just copied the article and it did work, kind of. Now my product description is showing up twice one centered under the photos and the other still to the left.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
454 64 128

Did you remove the original code (you should have) i.e. make sure you don't have {{ product.description }}  3 times. This is most likely the problem.

And have you added <!– split –> in the code view of your product description, where you want the split to take place.

0 Likes
Highlighted
7 0 0

Screen Shot 2020-01-20 at 12.18.21 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-01-20 at 12.20.09 PM.png

Yes I have done both and I had copied my theme so I went back and edited the copied original code before I messed with it the first time and now it's not working at all to move the description below. :( 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
454 64 128

Ok I've just spun up a version of Brooklyn and it works for me but there is an issue to do with multiple product images.

This works, when no additional images:

Screenshot 2020-01-20 at 17.37.37.png

This has issues when multiple product images:

Screenshot 2020-01-20 at 17.39.24.png

Is this the same for you or are you getting something different?

0 Likes
Highlighted
7 0 0

Screen Shot 2020-01-20 at 12.46.28 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-01-20 at 12.46.45 PM.png

It is showing up similar I guess, I do have multiple product images showing they're just in the thumbnail format instead of the stacked format. I could really care less if they were there at all as long as the photos would change whenever the color variant is being select by the user. I don't know how to go about removing them without also removing them from the variant itself.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
454 64 128

OK don't worry about the images, I realised after posting that my product copy was wrapping correctly I just didn't see it because it was so far down the page under the images.

I can't see your product copy clearly. Are you still getting the product description duplicated? or am I misreading the image.

Might be easier if you post the URL for the page we are looking at so I can see what's going on.

0 Likes
Highlighted
7 0 0

https://koldandco.com/products/kold-co-waterproof-rain-jacket-usb-heating

So I moved where the <!-- split --> was to the bottom of the description because it doesn't seem to work for me anywhere else in the description code other than there and that's when I get the duplication of the product descriptions.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
454 64 128

Hmm - really not sure what's going on, so we'll need to work through trying some things.

We know the code works on my version of same theme and yours looks ok from what I can see from the front end & the screenshot you sent. So my first guess is that it's your product description and all the <DIV> tags you have added in there, so I'd start with that.

i.e. create a new test product and keep the product description very simple, no other formatting, no DIVs etc. Just a paragraph of text, then <!-- split -->, then another paragraph of text and see if that works.

0 Likes