Hero banner and responsive design

Highlighted
3 1 2

Hello everyone,

Please consider that I have read all the posts relating to the "banner", "image responsiveness", etc... before posting. However, I am new to Shopify and I haven't been able to find a solution or a functional line of code to solve (please point me to the right direction if you know that such a post exists).

I am strugling a lot with the configuration of my Hero Banner. I am using a custom (SEO driven) theme which is based on Venture. In accordance with the Venture's guidelines, my hero banner is 1800x1000

When I am on a normal size" screen, the ratio of the image is OK.

normal.JPG

When I switch to the full screen, it zoom in and one cannot see the characters anymore (see below):

large.JPG

When I switch to mobile the image focal is awful (I know I can change the focal in the drawdown menu, but in this case, it is not suffisiant). 

Mobile.JPG

I realise I shouldn't  be using text on a hero banner (I am new to shopify and I am still searching how to add custom text on my banner). However, it seems that my image itself doesn't fit the Venture theme's settings, so I am primary question is : Should I completely rework my image or is there a way to solve that issue with the "responsive design"? (before taking care of the problem with the text..)

Thanks in advance for your help!

Kind regards,

Laurent

2 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi Laurent,

I am having the same problem but with the debut theme.

Have you managed to find a solve for this?

Thank You

Sim

0 Likes