Hey Shopify! Men and woman beside eachother, with no slideshow (brooklyn theme)

jrltrend
Excursionist
42 0 11

help.png

How can i get NO slideshow but both shop men and shop woman beside eachother at my homepage? so you can click on them and get to collection? Please be in tuch, best regards JRL

0 Likes
Ash
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
679 68 90

Hey, @jrltrend!

Ash here from the Shopify team. Thank you for reaching out with your theme inquiry! 

I see you're using the Brooklyn theme, and I'm happy to help out with removing the slideshow section and having collections for "Shop Men" and "Shop Women" side by side on the home page. I'll post some steps below and include screenshots to help show what I'm referring to. 

1. First, log into your admin and head over to Online Store> Themes and click "Customize" on the theme in question. customize theme.png

2. Once in the Theme Customizer, click on the slideshow section on the left hand sidebar to enter and edit that section. clickslideshow.png

3. Click the three dots next to the name of the section, and then click "Remove Section" to get rid of the slideshow. remove section.png

4. You can always add the slideshow section back to your site in the future by clicking "Add Section" below all the current sections on the left hand sidebar. addsection.png

Next is going to be adding your "Shop Men" and "Shop Women" collections side by side. Here's how to do that: 

1. Starting where we left off, click "Add Section" on the left hand sidebar and then select and add the section called "Collection List". collectionslist.png

2. Adding the section will bring you directly into the area where you can edit it, and you'll see some blank collections by default. Click on one of them to get started. collection.png

3. Once inside one of the blank collections, you can add a collection you've created in the admin, or remove the blank collection altogether if you want to reduce the number of collections in the "Collection List" section. addcollection.png

4. To re-arrange the sections on your home page, you can click and drag the series of six dots on a section to lift it above or push it below other sections. clickanddrag.png

5. Once you're finished customizing your theme, make sure you click the "Save" button in the top right of the screen. savetheme.png

I hope these steps and screenshots help breakdown the process. Feel free to reply back here if anything doesn't quite make sense or if you need assistance actioning any of these steps. 

Ash | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

jrltrend
Excursionist
42 0 11

Well i want it to appear like this under our logo

4030FBA0-0378-4BFF-A00B-967131673DE1.jpeg

Do U have any idea how?

0 Likes