Hi Community Team

2 0 1

I have a question about shopify theme system, after doing a bit of research I wanted to know if it was possible to have a video as the cover of a shopify website. 

Shopify Partner
12006 1479 4347

Hello, @anarchynewyork 

Welcome to the Shopify community!
and Thanks for your Good question.

Please share your site URL,
So I will check and provide a solution here.

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.
Want to modify or custom changes on store Hire me.
- Feel free to contact me on bamaniyaketan.sky@gmail.com regarding any help
Shopify Expert | Skype : bamaniya.sky
PSD to Shopify | Shopify Design Changes | Shopify Custom Theme Development and Desing | Custom Modifications In to Shopify Theme | SEO & Digital Marketing
0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
121 16 21

Hey @anarchynewyork 

Eunice here from the Shopify team, thanks for posting, and welcome to the Community!

From your message, I'm not sure if you're looking to upload a video to your password page, or to your homepage. To cover all basis I've included both in my answer below:

Adding a video to your password page

If you want to make customizations to your password page that aren't available in the theme settings, such as adding a video, then you can edit the theme code. Shopify has a guide for this here, but, it doesn't show you how to add a video specifically. In this case, I recommend reaching out to a Shopify Expert for assistance or waiting for further responses to your post.

Adding a video to your homepage

The following themes, all available in the Shopify Theme Store, come equipped with the ability to use a video as a background and the ability to show a video on the home page:

I hope this helps! If you have any questions don't hesitate to sing out here.

Cheers!

Eunice | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog