Hide Tags on Blog - Boundless Theme

Highlighted
3 0 0

Hello,

I am trying to hide the Tags that appear at the start of each Blog page. I would like the Tags to still work as Tags, but not be visible. I have searched for this and see it is possible on other Themes - by editing the template code, but the code on the Boundless template is different enough that I can not tell what to add/delete. Does anyone have the specific code that is deleted or added for the Boundless theme?

Thanks in advance! 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
635 16 205

Hi Stuart,

Liam here from Shopify - thank you for your question :)

Great to see you are looking to customise your blog posts, so lets see how we can set this up for you. To hide the tags on blog posts you will need to hide the code which displays the tags on the articles. The file you will be looking to edit is called article.liquid and you can find it when you Edit HTML and open the Templates folder. The code for the tags starts on line 31 and ends on line 33. If you wrap this code in comment tags by adding {% comment %} on line 30 and {% endcomment %} on line 34 the tags will not appear on your blog posts.

Hope this helps Stuart, if you have any other questions, just let me know!

Cheers,
Liam

Shopify Guru
support@shopify.com

Liam Griffin
Shopify | Developer Community Manager
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
2684 67 846

Hi Stuart, 

in the article-template.liquid  Section  this code is responcible for showing the tags:

{% if article.tags.size > 0 %}
        <li class="list--inline__separator">
          {% for tag in article.tags %}
            <a href="{{ blog.url }}/tagged/{{ tag | handle }}">{{ tag }}</a>{% unless forloop.last %}, {% endunless %}
          {% endfor %}
        </li>
      {% endif %}

I'd change the first line this way to remove them:

{% if article.tags.size > 0 and false %}

Or you may try adding this code to the bottom fo your theme.scss.liquid Asset to hide them with CSS:

/* hide tags on on article pages */
.article-meta a { display:none; }

Want to hire me to tweak a theme? Mail me at tairli@yahoo.com!
My post solved your problem? Like it!
I am away till Feb-15.
Highlighted
3 0 0

Liam, Tim,

Thank you! Issue resolved. 

For anyone else reading this, I tried both approaches (one at a time) re article.liquid just to see what happens. On Liam's instruction it worked great. The only thing I noticed is there was a Dot in the line where the tag previously existed. On Tim's approach, there was no Dot. 

Thanks again!

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

Hi there,

Regarding this topic, I was wondering if you can tell me which code I can use to hide all tags filters as well as the list shown for all blog posts in the 2017 debut theme?

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hello, 

I have searched hi and low trying to figure out how to hide the blog tags on the Debut theme. I am launching in 3 days and would like to keep the tags but not display them. 

Can someone advise me how to make this happen? 

Thanks so much, 

Janice 

BuildYourBudgets.com

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0
Greetings Shopify gurus,
Would you be able to advise the removal of tags from my blog posts on the True Final Pipeline theme. Appreciate any help.
0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

For anyone using Debut theme, I found Tim's first suggestion worked but under the section blog-template.liquid line 79

Thank you!

0 Likes