Hide page title on one page

Solved
5 0 0
Yes, that is the best email.
0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi Ninthony, 

I have the same issue but my theme is Pipeline, unfortunately I tried what you suggested and the Header remains but moves aligns to the left. I have probably done something wrong in the code: 

<!-- /templates/page.liquid -->

{% section 'page-images' %}

<div class="wrapper page-margin">
<div class="grid">
<div class="grid__item large--two-thirds push--large--one-sixth">
<h1 class="text-center h2 templateTitle" style="display:none;">
<div class="section-header text-center">
{{% unless page.handle == "super-secret-title" %}}</h1>
<h1>{{ page.title }}</h1>
<div class="rte">
{{ page.content }}
</div>
</div>
</div>
</div>

Any advise would be greatly appreciated. 

Kind Regards,

Greg

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1206 162 329

Yeah you can't just use "super-secret-title" haha, that would be an interesting practice for shopify to follow. That was just an example if my page was named "Super Secret Title". You need to use the title of your page, but as a handle. Handles are all lowercase with dashes between spaces. So if you were trying to hide the title on the "About Us" page, you would do:

{% unless page.handle == "about-us" %}

{{ page.title }}

{% endunless %}
If my solution helped you, please like and accept as solution!
If you'd like to make any edits to your store, please send me a personal message and we can discuss what you'd like to accomplish :D
0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
13 0 1

Thanks for this! :)

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi, I am also trying to hide the title box on each page (using mira theme);  How would I modify this part of the theme.liquid to accomplish no titles on any page?  Also if that leaves a blank area would be nice to eliminate.  Thanks!

<!-- Title and description ================================================== -->
<title>
{{ page_title }}{% if current_tags %}{% assign meta_tags = current_tags | join: ', ' %} &ndash; {{ 'general.meta.tags' | t: tags: meta_tags }}{% endif %}{% if current_page != 1 %} &ndash; {{ 'general.meta.page' | t: page: current_page }}{% endif %}{% unless page_title contains shop.name %} &ndash; {{ shop.name }}{% endunless %}
</title>

{% if page_description %}
<meta name="description" content="{{ page_description | escape }}">
{% endif %}

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
19 0 1

Hi @Ninthony  Thanks for all of your suggestions on this thread so far. I tried the code to remove titles from all pages in Debut and it worked for my 'our story', 'ingredients' and 'vote' pages but not for my blog or products pages... how do I remove the titles from these pages? 

Also, how do I remove the space at the top where the title used to be on all pages? 

https://www.bluandgreen.com/

password: todaybebluandgreen

thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1206 162 329

It's the same idea, but you would need to go into those respective files, as the previous instructions were only for pages.  So for your blog you'd go into blog.liquid and look for blog.title, for products you'd go into product.liquid -- which often only contains another section which would look something like:

{% section 'product-template' %}

If that's the case, you'd go into your sections folder and look for product-template.liquid, and then you would be able to find product.title in that file and follow the same procedure.

If you'd like to make any edits to your store, please send me a personal message and we can discuss what you'd like to accomplish :D
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
19 0 1
Hi @Ninthony Thanks, I tried adding a similar code to what I did yesterday
that worked, and adjusted the titles per what type of page they were
(collection and blog). It generally worked, except there is that blang
space at the top which I don't know how to get rid of, and on the
Collection page for the shop it still says how many products are listed....
Do you know how i can get rid of that?

I will attach screenshots.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1206 162 329

It may be that your titles are contained inside some kind of HTML element, which still exists regardless if you just comment out the title and they may have some padding or margins applied to them. You'd want to wrap your liquid code around the HTML, for instance if you're using a comment to hide the titles in collection.liquid:

{% comment %}
<div class="collection_title">
  {{ collection.title }}
</div>
{% endcomment %}

As for the number of products displayed, that's probably going to be something like:

<div class="current-items">
  Showing {{ paginate.items }} items
</div>

So ctrl + f for "paginate.items" to see if you can find that.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
19 0 1

Hi @Ninthony 

Thanks for the info, but I'm a little lost. 

Are you recommending I remove what I had already done at the bottom of theme.scss.liquid and include the code bits above in different areas? If so, which ones? And am I meant to make any adjustments to what is here (I am new to adjusting code, so don't know the needs). 

As for the code you suggested to remove the number of products text being displayed, I tried that in a couple of places and nothing happened... maybe you could explain further where I put this? 

thanks

0 Likes