Hide/show sub-collections only on some collection pages | Impulse theme

MB83
Excursionist
30 0 7

Hello everyone.

On my online shop I have made the setting to not show sub collections on collection/product overview pages. BUT I would like to have this setting activated on only some collection pages. Does anyone know how to make that possible?

Thanks,

M.

Replies 7 (7)

MB83
Excursionist
30 0 7

Has no one an idea?

@KetanKumar @Ottomen maybe?

Ottomen
Shopify Partner
29 4 9

Hi.

Shopify has no sub-collections. Only collection/product.

Can you share the link to your page?

MB83
Excursionist
30 0 7

@Ottomen it´s joyinme.de

With sub collections I mean the hierarchy below. On a global basis I can make the categories one hierarchy below visible or invisible:

MB83_0-1605976628560.png

vs.

MB83_1-1605976676374.png

What I would like to do is make "sub collections" only visible on some pages (not set this option globally).

Thanks,

M.

Ottomen
Shopify Partner
29 4 9

You can create templates with the collection section and without the collection section, for example.

MB83
Excursionist
30 0 7

@Ottomen 

It looks like not the whole section. The template refers to the section and within the section I found these parts:

{%- if section.settings.subcollection_style == 'above' -%}

and further down:

{
"type": "select",
"id": "subcollection_style",
"label": "Subcollection style",
"default": "above",
"options": [
{
"value": "above",
"label": "Above products"
},
{
"value": "below",
"label": "Below products"
},
{
"value": "none",
"label": "None"
}
]
},

Where in the code is it where I can change the values?

Right now on my shop gobally it is set "none" and I created a new  template referring to a new section. Where in the new section (or template) can I set the value to have it displayed?

Thanks.

Ottomen
Shopify Partner
29 4 9

It is not the question of changing values somewhere, but it is the question of making 2 different templates with and without this section.

MB83
Excursionist
30 0 7

@Ottomen 

If I delete the whole section within the newly created template I am having a blank page without subcollections and without products.
So my guess is I need to make a setting within the section the template points to, needn´t I?