Hiding Billing Information

Highlighted
1 0 0

I have a store set up to deliver ONLY PDF files, downloadable activities for teachers. I have a mix of free and paid products, but they're all PDFs, I don't have a brick and mortar, and I don't ever ship anything. It is really confusing to my users that they have to enter billing/shipping information to download a free PDF. The drop off rates are astronomical when making them enter several fields that aren't necessary. I'm using the digital downloads app to fulfill the orders. 

There doesn't seem to be a way to hide or remove the Billing Information form that I can find. I can't be the only one who is selling only digital files, or the only one who has mutiple free files they are offering. As this is the core of my business it is really important to optimize for this workflow.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
93 1 12

Hi there!

Alexa here with the Shopify team.

I can completely see how having products that don't require shipping can cause some confusion with your customers in checkout. To get rid of the shipping fields in the checkout for your products you'll want to ensure your products have shipping required disabled.

To do this by following this guide. If you'd like to bulk edit all your products to disable the shipping requirement, this bulk editor guide will be really helpful! 

After making the changes, you can make sure things work properly by adding your products to the cart and proceeding to the checkout.

Best regards,

Alex | Customer Success Guru | Shopify

Alex | Customer Success Guru | Shopify
1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 3

Hi there! Did you evert solve this? I have also a store with pdf-downloads only and the billing address fields are just killing all customers.

I would greatly appreciate any advice on this if you got a way around with it! Thousand of thanks! Irina

1 Like
Highlighted
2 0 0

I'm in the same boat. Could you solve this problem?

0 Likes