Hiding Certain (Retail Priced) Items When A User Is Signed In

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hello everyone,

I am looking to find a solution to a problem I am having on my site. I run a 99% wholesale business and the majority of my SKUs are wholesale priced, with the exception of a handful (1-2 dozen out of 200-300) of items. 

We have noticed however that once users get confirmed with a wholesale account and log in, they search for the item they are looking for and inevitably the retail version of the SKU might pop up in the results. If they happen to click the retail version by mistake, they go try to increment it and add it to their cart to get their wholesale break, and when the break never comes because that's not how it's set up, they get confused and either call in or give up. 

We don't want to give up on the retail side of things completely, but we also don't see the point of losing potential wholesale orders over them being confused about the pricing. Just so that once in a blue moon, we can make a $15 retail sale. 

Does anyone else have experience in this? We are considering just removing the retail versions of the SKUs entirely at this point if it can't be resolved. 

As an aside, the retail versions of the items are entirely separate products in Shopify, if that helps to determine a solution. They are just variants. 

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Pathfinder
118 7 10

Hello @MilaWholesale 

You can use Merchandising rule in Ultimate Filter & Search app https://apps.shopify.com/ultimate-search-and-filter-1 to exclude retail products (variants) from wholesale customers. 

0 Likes