Hiding or Removing the cart in the header

3 0 0

Hello, I would like to know how I could hide or remove the cart in the header, for now I don't want to sell anything so it would be great. The theme I am using is "Supply".

<script src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/7a78ed33/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
20 0 4

Hey Patrick,

Zack here! I just tried to find how we can remove the Cart button altogether from the Supply Theme, but I wasn't able to figure it out. However, you can shoot us an email at "support@shopify.com", and we can put in a request with our design team to make that happen for you.

Because you are using a Shopify-made Theme and are on a paid subscription, you receive free design time with our Theme Support, and are more than welcome to email us there to request the changes. Support will put the request in to Theme Support, for you :)

Give them a call at 0800-808-5233 if you have more questions, because this is something Support can take care of for you, no problem! 

Kind Regards,
-Zack L

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
118 0 8

Hey Patrick! 

If you were interested in changing the HTML yourself I have a guide for you here! You will be going Online Store > Themes > "..." Button > Edit HTML. You will want to click on Theme.liquid. The code to look for is the following: 

<a href="/cart" class="header-cart-btn cart-toggle">
            <span class="icon icon-cart"></span>
            {{ 'layout.cart.cart' | t }} <span id="cartCount" {% if cart.item_count == 0 %}class="hidden-count"{% endif %}>{{ cart.item_count }}</span>
          </a>
        </div>
      </div>

You will want to remove this from mobile view too so that code is: 

<a href="/cart" class="cart-toggle mobileNavBar-link">
        {{ 'layout.cart.cart' | t }}

If you want to temporarily remove this I suggest using {% comment %}. The end result would look like: 

{% comment %} 
 <a href="/cart" class="header-cart-btn cart-toggle">
            {{ 'layout.cart.cart' | t }} <span id="cartCount" {% if cart.item_count == 0 %}class="hidden-count"{% endif %}>{{ cart.item_count }}</span>
          </a>
        </div>
      </div>
{% endcomment %}

Hope that helps! :) 

Victoria 

1 Like
3 0 0

Thank you very much, that was what had to be done :)!

<script src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/939986f6/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
0 Likes
Shopify Partner
1 0 0

hello, by any chance do you have this updated for the new platform?

Due im using the same free theme. however, the edit code section is different and i will like to remove or hide the cart icon from all the pages.

I trully appreciate your help. Thanks in advance.

Adrian

0 Likes