Hiding out of stock products on search on minimal theme

nodens
1 0 0

Hi, I am trying to hide products that are out of stock from my search options using the theme minimal. I have managed to have the items hid in the collections using "inventory greater than 0" but when I search in the search bar all the products that are synced to my store come up? Is there any was to change the search feature to only show items with inventory greater than 0? 

Any help will be massively appreciated. Cheers

0 Likes
dmwwebartisan
Shopify Partner
4522 1016 1310

Hi @nodens 

There is a possible solution outlined in this article from the partners blog, however if you do have a large number of sold out products, it might not be the best, since the sold out products are "hidden", rather than fully removed from the search results. 

Hope this helps :)

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.
Email: dmw.webartisan@gmail.com | Instagram: @dmw.webartisan
Advanced Shopify Page Builder to customize your pages - check here PageFly App
0 Likes
Sugandha
Tourist
6 0 0

Hi @nodens,

If you are open to exploring app you can use  Wipeout. The app helps you hide out of stock products from your storefront with just one click. Products hidden by the app will no longer be visible to your customers on the online store, Collections or Search Results.

App has a free plan to get you started

0 Likes

Hi @nodens,

You can try our Push Down & Hide Out of Stock app. Our app hides out of stock items automatically. The hidden items no longer are visible on your store, Collections, or Search Results. Also, if an item is back in stock, it is published automatically.

It has a quick and easy setup. You can find more details on our app page.

We have also a free plan, and if it is suitable for you, you can use it for free! If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to reach out to us at support@merchbees.com

Best,

Co-Founder / Developer at: merchbees
Merchbees Low Stock Alert - Keep track of your low stock items by email and slack
Merchbees Inventory Value - Know your inventory value and quantity in real-time
Push Down & Hide Out of Stock - Move out of stock products to the bottom of the collection to improve SEO & hide/ unhide automatically
0 Likes