Hiding prices in supply theme! Help

Solved
Tourist
3 0 3

I am trying to hide the prices for my products until the product is clicked on.  I have a 3rd party app that creates price based on dimensions so any other price shown before hand will be inaccurate. 

I am using supply theme. 

0 Likes

Success.

Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
335 31 79

Hi, @Tanner_Rigdon!

May here from Shopify!

I do understand that showing a set product price on a product that has a price range is not ideal, but have you consider showing a 'Starting from' price? That way, your customers have an idea of how much a product costs before they click on it, saving them an extra step. I am not an expert in coding, but I dabble in it! So, if you like this idea, feel free to start a new topic on the Shopify Design board, send me the link here, and I would be happy to dig in!

If you would still like to remove the prices from the collections page, or home page, you will need to edit your theme code. Before making any changes to your code, I highly recommend making a duplicate of your theme, to ensure that your customers aren’t affected by any unintended results. After you make the duplicate, feel free to follow the steps below!

1. From your admin, go to 'Online Store > Actions > Edit code'.

2. Open up 'product-grid-item.liquid' located inside 'Snippets' folder.

3. Look up for product-item--price inside the file. You can press Command + F if you are using a Mac or Control + F on Windows. 

4. Locate for this section of code:

Delete this section or comment it out. Commenting a code allows you to keep the code inside the file, without having to execute it, i.e. the theme will ignore commented codes as if it was deleted. This is what you code will look like if you comment it out: 

5. Click 'Save'.

For future reference, if you would like to display your product prices again, you can always roll back to an older version of your theme. If you are not comfortable with making this change. 

This tutorial is specific to an unedited version of the Supply theme. I cannot guarantee results for themes that have been modified with custom coding and/or apps. If you are not comfortable proceeding with the following tutorial, or wish to make any variations to this tutorial, I highly suggest reaching out to our Shopify Experts. Alternatively, since you are using a Shopify developed theme, I can also submit a request on your behalf to our Theme Support to see if they are able to make the changes for you in accordance with our design policy

Let me know if this helps! If you would like me to route you to our Theme Support, feel free to follow back up and we can continue on.

Cheers!

May | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Tourist
3 0 3

Thank you! Worked like a charm

0 Likes