Hiding prices on product page

Highlighted
5 0 0

I am using Launchpad Star theme, and am trying to disable the prices shown on the main products page. I have tried < span class=hidden> in the currency settings and it didn't work. How would I go about doing this in the theme settings?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
392 1 38

Hey, Tyler!

Koreen here from Shopify. Thanks for posting. 

We do have a guide on hiding out your product prices here

If editing the currency settings directly does not work for you, you may need to add this: 

.hidden {
  display: none;
}

to the bottom of your custom style sheet. Your theme's style sheet can be accessed via your : Admin > Online store > Themes > Edit HTML/CSS > Assets > theme.scss.liquid

I hope this helps!

I hope this helps!

Koreen W | Shopify 
support@shopify.com

0 Likes
Highlighted
5 0 0

thanks alot!

0 Likes
Highlighted
5 0 0

Thanks for your reply, but no this did not work. In settings, I have US currency <span class=hidden> </span> around the default settings (${{ammount}}USD and ${{ammount}}). hI have applied .hidden {display: none;} to both above and below the /body /html code and neither worked. Am I doing something wrong? Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
5 0 0

any suggestions? does the code belong under or above the </body> section? perhaps between the /body and /html code?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
392 1 38

Hey, Tyler!

Thanks for reaching back out, and for trying both methods.

I'm afraid as this is an unsupported customization, we wouldn't be able to pass it through to our theme support to have a further look.

Though maybe some other forum friends here would be able to lend their own expertise. :)

Alternatively, a Shopify Expert may be able to best help out with the settings in this theme.

Thanks again,

Koreen :)

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
37 0 10

Hey, it looks like you might just be forgetting quotation marks.
This:

< span class=hidden>

Should look like this:

<span class="hidden">

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
2684 67 778

Hi Tyler, 

you can hide quantity selector in theme settings, but what about add to cart button? 

Anyway, if you are editing your theme to hide the price on the product page you will be better off adding this code to the bottom of your theme.scss.liquid Asset:

.product-single__prices {
    display: none;
}

If you're still looking to do it in settings, then try this as the currency format:

<span style=display:none;> ${{ammount}}USD</span> 

Want to hire me to tweak a theme? Mail me at tairli@yahoo.com!
My post solved your problem? Like it!
I am away till Feb-15.
0 Likes
Highlighted
5 0 0

hey that works, great thanks alot!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
67 0 0

Hi, dear let's check this app to Optimize your store product prices by using the Shopify hide price app. It supports multiple input fields that help to get information from users. Admin can customize the form font, text, and background color. A custom set of rules can be created for specific products and customers type. Shopify hide price app is responsive to all mobile devices.

a503c08616fb9c42b7e9c2b0dcff2e88.png

0 Likes