Hiding slideshow text for mobile view only - Minimal theme

Solved
Tourist
8 0 1

Hey Shop-Comm,

I am using the minimal theme for my store. I understand why using a text free photo is suggested. The slideshow text shows up exactly how I would like in desktop view.Slideshow text desktop ok.PNG In mobile view the text appears below the photo in the slideshow, still very large and cumbersome.Slideshow text mobile remove or add to slide like desktop.PNG If I am not able to have the text placed smaller on the photo in mobile view then I would like to remove it from mobile view ONLY. Can I 'comment out' for this result? I took a peek in the theme.scss.liquid assets and can't quite find the option. If this can be done would someone kindly guide me?

https://livewellintheworld.com/ - if needed

Thanks,

Dusti

0 Likes
Excursionist
156 24 28

Hello Dusti,

Place below code in your css

@media (max-width: 768px){ 
.index-section.slideshow-section {
    display: none;
}
}
Want to modify or custom changes on store hire me.
My Email: guleriathakur43@gmail.com
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.
If you happy and want to donate small, click here: Paypal
0 Likes
Tourist
8 0 1

That resulted in removing the whole slideshow. I am only looking to remove the text. Is there a way to replace "none" with something that would just show the slide without the text. Going to try "slide"...

0 Likes

Success.

Excursionist
156 24 28

Use this 

@media (max-width: 768px){ 
.slideshow__mobile-text-container {
    display: none !important;
}
}
Want to modify or custom changes on store hire me.
My Email: guleriathakur43@gmail.com
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.
If you happy and want to donate small, click here: Paypal
1 Like
Tourist
8 0 1

Replacing "none" with "slide" just left the whole slide show including text.

Open for any other suggestions or suggestions to edit that code to not include slide text.

Thank you to anyone who is taking the time to offer suggestions, even when they don't work, certainly helps the learning curve!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 1

Bingo!

Thank You @Guleria!

1 Like