Homepage sliders broken on Debut theme

Solved
Tourist
7 0 1

Hi guys, 

I recently tried to follow this tutorial on Shopify, to stop my store from selecting the next image when someone clicks onto a product page -- I just want it to show the image that the visitor clicked on, until they select a variant. I followed the tutorial as closely as possible.

However, now it seems that my homepage slider is broken - and on closer inspection, the testimonials slider is also broken near the footer. The website is https://lovelythreads.co 

I have combed through the theme.js file and product page template to see if I missed any small sign, but I really cannot find any fault in my installation. Even when I tried going backwards and undoing my changes, it seems to not do anything. There is an image that I have already uploaded as a slide, but it just doesn't show up anymore.

I'm not sure what I did to make this happen, but any help is greatly appreciated! 

P.S. I have sent a support request to shopify to fix this, but it seems to be taking a rather long time - until then, I am trying to sort this issue out as soon as possible. Thank you again! 

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
100 20 17

Hello,

Hope you are doing well!

Your homeslider not works because there is an error in theme.js file. I think you added code in theme.js

remove newly added code from theme.js and check again, or hire me if you don't know how to fix this.

Thanks

Want to modify or custom changes on store hire me.
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.
Email: codecorneres@gmail.com
1 Like

Hello 

I checked your site you have syntax error in theme.js file.
66.jpg

Try to fix this error.

Want to modify or incorporate custom changes on store, Hire us.
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution .
Email: pallavi@oscprofessionals.com
Free Review and advice for sale on store | Shopify Private App | Custom Theme Development | Custom Modifications In To Shopify Theme | SEO & Digital Marketing | Site Speed Optimization | Performance Site Audit
1 Like
Tourist
7 0 1

Hi there,

The tutorial shows that I need to add code to the bottom of the theme.js file, which is as follows:

$(document).ready(function() {
  if( typeof(productOptions ) != "undefined" ){
    for(i=0;i<productOptions.length;i++) {
      $('.single-option-selector:eq('+ i +')')
      .filter(function() {
        return $(this).find('option').length > 1
      })
      .prepend('<option value="">Pick a ' + productOptions[i][i] + '</option>')
      .val('')
      .trigger('change');
    }
  }
});

I have tried removing it and reloading the page, but it does not fix the problem either.

How much would it cost to fix this issue? 

0 Likes

Success.

Shopify Partner
427 81 91

Hello Xplosiv,

There is syntax error in theme.js may be you missed something while editing js file.
Once try to replace your theme.js with this https://github.com/abpalancajr/Debut/blob/master/assets/theme.js

Thanks

Want to modify or custom changes on store hire me.
My Email: guleriathakur43@gmail.com
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.
If you are happy and want to donate small Click here (Its my paypal)
1 Like
Tourist
7 0 1

Thank you very much! I have managed to solve the issue by posting the original code back. Phew! 

0 Likes