Hover effect menu

Highlighted
6 0 0

Hi All,

I'm using the Debut menu. I have set up a hover effect background colour on the menu. My problem is that the hover is only on the label/ link text instead of covering the entire box. Do you have any idea how this could be changed? I want an hover effect on each box of the menu. Just like in the website below. Would there be a way to increase the hover background colour size?

tabs.png

Thanks for your help.

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
553 36 77

Hey, there.

This is Dallas from the Shopify Social Care Team.

I talked with my themes team at length about what might be able to be done for this and wanted to get back in touch with the information that I found out.

Basically it's not a guarantee that our team will be able to get this done for you as I am not 100% if this would be a supported customization with the free design time, but because this is a Shopify theme they're willing to take a look to see what we can do. This would mean that we just need to verify your account before we can proceed.

I have sent you an email to the address that is associated with this forum's account. If that is the account owner then please just reply to the email. From there I will have enough verification to send this up to the themes team.

If it isn't the account owner's email then you can just CC them to the email and get them to reply.

If our themes team can add this feature in for you then it would be free customization with design time. When you start a Shopify store you get 60 mins of free design time.

If they can't get this done for you then you could reach out to the Shopify Experts who should be able to get this done for you.

The other option that you might want to look at would be to use a custom menu maker like Mega Menu. It allows for a lot more customizations, but for simplicity's sake, I suggest we try the themes team first.

Dallas | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Shopify Expert
2139 358 446

Hi @sinead94 

Send me your store url i will check 

Want to modify or custom changes on store hire me.
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.
Email: jasoliyabrijesh123@gmail.com
Want to get Free review and advice for sale on store ?? just text me here
0 Likes
6 0 0

Hi, I replied to your email.

0 Likes
6 0 0

Hi,

The store url is https://jardin-de-kany.myshopify.com/

The website address is https://kanysgarden.com/

By the way, I have an issue with the dropdown menu. The dropdown menu label work fine. However, the link of the parent label doesn't work anymore. Besides, the size has become smaller.

0 Likes
Shopify Expert
2139 358 446

Hi but i cant get any email send me again or Skype me, also send me store password 

0 Likes
6 0 0

The store password has been removed. So, it shouldn't be an issue now, I think.

0 Likes
Shopify Expert
2139 358 446

Hi @sinead94 

Remove your added code and my bellow code in Asset->theme.scss file

.site-nav__dropdown{padding: 0;}
.site-nav__dropdown li { background: black; }
.site-nav__dropdown .site-nav__link { padding: 10px 20px 6px; color: white;}

Note: you have changed your code and massed menu code so need to make it proper first other wise it look like that you made already.

0 Likes
6 0 0

@Jasoliya  is that for the fact that the label text reduced size? Or is it to help with the label link? 

Also, do you have any idea about the background color hover issue?

0 Likes
Shopify Expert
2139 358 446

If you have added my given code then you have no issue of background, for that you have to remove your code. also you have affecting other code for menu that you have to adjust first if you want to make proper menu hover effect lie your given store. 

0 Likes