How Can I add the word "Menu" next to hamburger icon on mobile?

Solved
Highlighted
13 0 0

Hi, I am on Debut theme. The word menu appears next to the hamburger icon on desktop view but does not appear on mobile view. I would like to know how to make the word "menu" show on Mobile as well next to the three lines because not everyone is familiar with the three lines.

Thank you.

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
374 14 23

Hello, @Minlubnan!

Ted here from Shopify, thanks for reaching out to us. :-) 

Could you share the URL for your store and I'll take a closer look into this with you? 

If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know, I'm happy to help!

All the best,

Ted

Ted | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
13 0 0
Hello Ted,
My URL is www.minlubnan.com
Thanx
0 Likes

Success.

Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
374 14 23

Hi, @Minlubnan!

Thanks for that!

So you'll need to change a small bit of the theme's code which I've outlined below for you. Before changing the code though, I'd recommend duplicating your theme as mentioned in this guide. It's always best to have a copy of your original theme before making any coding changes.

• Click Online Store and then Themes.
  • Next, click Actions and select Edit Code as shown in here.
  • After that, select the Sections file and click header.liquid
  • For Debut, the below code should be located roughly around line 82-83 within the header.liquid file. It should look like this:
    {% include ‘icon-hamburger’ %}
             </span>
  • Once you find it, you will now need to enter some new code above and between the original code. The final result should look the below and don't forget to hit the Save button.
    <span class=“site-header__menu-toggle--open”>
               {% include ‘icon-hamburger’ %}
               MENU
             </span>

Let me know how this goes and if there is anything else I can help you with, I'm happy to help!

Thanks a mill,
Ted

Ted | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
13 0 0

Hello Ted,

Thank you so much, it worked just as needed.

There is another issue I couldn't find any solution for. I posted the inquiry on discussions and posted it as a job and contacted apps but nothing succeeded. You can find it here: https://community.shopify.com/c/Payments-Shipping-Fulfillment/Add-A-List-Of-Cities-To-A-Country-In-S...

In short, I need to start local delivery in my country where we do not use zip/postal code. Therefore I need a drop down list of cities in the shipping information form similar to the list of states under USA, where I can have different delivery rates for different cities or just uncheck a city that i don't cover. 

In my mind, this is as simply as copying the code of states drop down in shipping Under USA and inserting it under Lebanon but with minor changes of course.

But why is it complicated no one has a solution for it?

I hope I can have a positive reply from you :)

Thanks allot.

Ziad

I hope I can get a solution from you.

0 Likes