How To Change H1 Tag for Homepage?

2 0 0

Hello, 

I am a fresh new here. It would be a great helpfu, if someone tell me how to cange or cutomize H1 tag for my home page. I am using Debut theme for the site.. The home page already has a H1 tag but I want to change it and want to add a new H1. It is possible anyhow please?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
33 0 4

Hi there Olvia,

First off, welcome! It's always exciting to see some new faces here :) 
In regards to the H1 tag, if I've understood you correctly, you'd be looking for the Homepage Title and Meta Description?
If so, click Online Store > Preferences and you'll find it there!

If I misunderstood, and you meant that you wanted to change the actual h1 heading, that would be found in your theme files. 
For debut, if you go to Online Store > Actions > Edit Code, then continue to your Assets folder. In that folder you'll find the theme.scss.liquid which you'll see defines all the headers.

If I've completely missed the mark, please let me know! I'd be happy to revisit and get you on the right track. 
Since you noted you were new, I'd love to share a couple of helpful resources!

• 50 Ways To Make Your First Sale | This comprehensive guide will teach you everything you need to know about making your first ecommerce sale.

• The Essential Shopify Store Launch Checklist | Instead of running around aimlessly, entertaining every frantic thought, take a methodical approach to your launch. Ease your mind and stay organized with this handy Shopify store launch checklist.

If you have any questions, let me know! 
I'm happy to help,
Parker
Customer Service Guru | 24/7 Support

1 Like
2 0 0

Hi Parker, 

Thank you for your great support. Surely, I am happy to revieve your prompt reply. Actually I want to change my home page Header1. Unfortunately, the keyword I inserted once, is not the best keyword for my homepage. So I would like to replace a new focusing keyword insted. 

Or would you please assist me leting know that is there any negetive effect if I push the new keyword as 2nd one in H1 for my home page? And how? 

Thank again for your cordial support.

Regards 

Olivia

0 Likes
1 0 0
  1. Open your Internet browser and go to the URL of the page you want to check.
  2. Click 'view' then 'source.' ...
  3. Click 'edit' then 'find.'
  4. Type in <h1 and click 'find next'
  5. This will now highlight the sections of your site that are using the H1 tag.
  6. Follow the same steps for h2, h3, h4, h5 and h6.
0 Likes
1 0 0

Hey, i followed your instructions but i still have an empty h1 tag on homepage.

Can you help me please ? 

Thanks

0 Likes
2 0 0

you provided information on how to find it, but its not showing how to change it?

0 Likes
2 0 0

Can you please provide the next step on how to change the H1-H3 Tags. I am doing SEO for my store and dont know how to complete the following task:

Integrate Key word 1Key Word 2 and Key word 3 in the headings (<H1> to <H3>) of your homepage

0 Likes
5 0 0

hi im having an issue with my H1 tag showing over 65 characters. can you please advise me on how to correct this? seems like no one knows if been trying for days. thank you 

qq.png

0 Likes
2 0 0

Hola buenos días. 

He realizado un análisis SEO de mi tienda y me aparece el siguiente problema: 

La etiqueta H1 de su página parece no estar optimizada.

La verdad no encuentro como corregir este problema. Si me pudieran indicar como corregirlo sería de mucha ayuda. GRacias. 
0 Likes