How To Exclude A Collection Of Products From Minimum For Shopify Local Delivery?

Andrew_Ardolina
Tourist
5 0 0

Hey everyone!

I am building a site with the Turbo theme for a friend; however, they use Shopify Local Delivery exclusively.

How can I exclude a collection of products from applying towards the minimum for local delivery? This seems pretty simple, but I cannot figure out a workaround or way to make sure a specific collection does not apply to the minimum for our local delivery.

A little context - My friend's business sells handmade pasta. They also sell products from other local businesses. These local businesses' products have much lower margins; therefore, we want to exclude them (they are all in one collection) from applying toward the minimum for local delivery condition.

Any help is greatly appreciated, as I cannot launch their store without figuring this out.

Cheers,

Andrew

www.iprefercraftbeer.com

0 Likes
ChoosiZon
Trailblazer
215 39 66

you can set weight of items in that collection to 1000lb.But then mixed purchase still can ship

0 Likes
Andrew_Ardolina
Tourist
5 0 0

That would work for shipping items, but we are not shipping items. Shopify Local Delivery is setup differently than with shipping through Shopify.

0 Likes
ChoosiZon
Trailblazer
215 39 66

i think you can do this at product page.Just set the collection's products quantity to zero for the location you dont want local delivery.

Screenshot 2021-02-14 060827.png

0 Likes
Andrew_Ardolina
Tourist
5 0 0

Thanks for the suggestion, but again, we are not trying to exclude the products/collection entirely from Local Delivery. We simply do not want a collection of products to count towards the minimum that we set for free local delivery.

0 Likes
ChoosiZon
Trailblazer
215 39 66

That is the nearest Shopify can offer.If you see there are 2 virtual locations.Acttually all the stocks are in 1 location.

You just set the stock of the products in a location which you do not want free local delivery to zero.But customer still can buy for a shipping cost from the other virtual location.Actually you are shipping at same location but for a cost.Other product may qualify for free shipping conditions.

As for the second Q.In Shopify only when all products qualify for local delivery then customer can have this option.But anyway if a non-local delivery item is added to cart then shouldnt customer be charged for a shipping fee,even if there are mixed items.

0 Likes