How can I add a Search and Login/Create Account Buttons?

dylanmerte
5 0 0

How can I add a Search and Login/Create Account Buttons to my website?

0 Likes
Liam
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
640 16 222

Hi Dylan!

Liam here from Shopify - thank you for your question :)

Great to see you are looking to add login and search icons to your site, so let's see how we can set that up. Just to confirm, on your admin, when you go to Settings > Checkout do you have Customer Accounts set to optional or required:

Also, could you link me to your store, so I can see why your search box is not appearing?

Hope this helps Dylan,

Cheers,
Liam

Shopify
support@shopify.com

Liam | Developer Community Manager @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit Shopify.dev or the Shopify Web Design and Development Blog

dylanmerte
5 0 0

Yes my customer accounts setting is turned on.

Here's a link to the website where the products show up: https://arizmendisoaps.net/store/naturalsoaps.html

And I never said that a search box was not showing up anywhere, I need to know how to Add a search box to show up somewhere.

0 Likes
Liam
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
640 16 222

Hi again Dylan.

Thank you for getting back in touch. Liam here again. 

I think I can see what's happening here :) It looks like the site you have linked me to is a not a Shopify webstore, but a third-party website using Shopify Buy Buttons. This means when you enable customer accounts on the Shopify admin, it will not have an effect on your third-party site- but customers will be able to create accounts during the checkout process. 

Creating a button on your third-party website to allow customers to create accounts on your Shopify admin could be pretty difficult and really depends on the platform you are using. A search-box would be easier, but it again depends on how the site was built and what platform it is hosted on.

Did you build this website yourself, or did a developer make this? Which content management system is the site using (eg: Wordpress, Squarespace)?

I hope this helps Dylan. Once I have more info, I'll be able to offer more detailed advice.

Liam Griffin | Partner Education & FED Advocate Shopify

- To learn more visit Shopify.dev or the Shopify Web Design and Development Blog

0 Likes
dylanmerte
5 0 0

I am the one who built the website, and it was created with the mac app "Rapid Weaver", hosted on a GoDaddy server.

If I could just add a simple thing of code, that's what I would be hoping for.

If I'd need to install a plugin or app onto the server I could also do that.

0 Likes
Liam
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
640 16 222

Hi again Dylan.

Thank you for your reply and for forwarding on these details. Liam here again. 

So I've looked into this a bit further, and it is looking like you will need to install plug-ins which are compatible with Rapid Weaver to achieve the effects you are looking for.

I would also recommend reaching out to the app developers directly just to ensure that these would integrate with your site and give you the exact features you would be expecting for your Rapid Weaver site. 

I hope these help Dylan. Please let me know if I can help you with anything else.

0 Likes
dylanmerte
5 0 0

I already know of the way to get one of those plug-ins to add search.  I am mainly just leaving to get those login/create account buttons added. 

I'm not looking to add a separate login/create account system to my site, I'm of course trying to add login/create account buttons that are connected with my Shopify stores existing customers.

For another example is I'm basically trying to take the buttons that show up in the checkout process and or on an actual Shopify store page to take those buttons and have those show on my website.

0 Likes
dylanmerte
5 0 0

A week later and still NO Reply?!?

0 Likes
Liam
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
640 16 222

Hi again Dylan.

Thank you for getting back in touch. Liam here again. Apologies for the late responce- I was out of the office last week :)

If you are looking to connect your third-party website to the customer database on the Shopify admin it could be a bit more complex than it appears. You may need to work with Shopify's API and the API of Rapid Weaver to be able to send data between both platforms. It would not simply be a process of taking the code for the login buttons from Shopify and adding them to the Rapid Weaver since the code would likely not be compatible, and it would not be making a connection to the database where customer info is stored. Do you know if you have API access on Rapid Weaver's side? If so it could be possible to develop an app which would connect the two platforms. 

The Zapier may also be able to achieve this kind of effect too, but you will want to reach out to the app developer to confirm if this is possible. 

I hope this helps Dylan. Please let me know if I can help you with anything else.

0 Likes
Jordan23
2 0 0

I search for minimum 24h but cannot find how to add a login button on my shopify store:( could u help me please I use theme liquid

0 Likes