How can I add the checkbox for Terms & Conditions to the Prestige Theme?

Chris59
7 0 0

Hi,

I starting to have the feeling that the theme Prestige has been created to avoid people understanding the code behind it. On the Debut theme, I had no issues with that. However, the same code does not apply the checkbox to my cart.

Can someone please please please help me with this, as it is mandatory in our highly regulated Germany?

Thank you a lot,

Chris

Replies 8 (8)

Liam
Shopify Staff
2731 299 769

Hi there Chris, 

Thanks for your question 🙂 As you've found, the Shopify theme customization docs might not always be compatible with paid themes. This is generally because the way paid themes are set up (naming conventions for containers, sections etc) differ from theme to theme. All that being said, it should be possible to add the checkbox, with some code modification. Could you link your store here, and I could take a closer look into this for you? Once I can see how this theme is set up I should be able to advise on what code to use 🙂

Cheers,

Liam Griffin

Shopify Partner Education

Liam | Developer Advocate @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit Shopify.dev or the Shopify Web Design and Development Blog

Ursula2
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi Liam,

Could you perhaps also help me?

I'm having the exact same issues with the Prestige Theme.

Thank you so much!

Chris59
7 0 0

Hi Liam,

thanks for you quick reply. The store is https://roomovo.com

Thanks a lot 🙂

Chris59
7 0 0

Hi Liam,

can you help me on this issue? 🙂 

Would really appreciate your help.

Thanks!

hausecec
Visitor
2 0 1

Having the same problem with the prestige theme. Did you find a solution? thank you so much!

@Chris59 wrote:

Hi,

I starting to have the feeling that the theme Prestige has been created to avoid people understanding the code behind it. On the Debut theme, I had no issues with that. However, the same code does not apply the checkbox to my cart.

Can someone please please please help me with this, as it is mandatory in our highly regulated Germany?

Thank you a lot,

Chris

MOREchocolate
Tourist
8 0 4

Me too! Any solutions? I do have the checkbox visible in the cart page and the cart drawer, but it is not mandatory. You can proceed without checking the box.

I have tried adding 'required' after 'input' but that didn't change anything.

Ninthony
Shopify Partner
2330 350 1024

Can you post your store and password if password protected? I just resolved this issue for someone else the other day but your class names are probably not the same.

If my solution helped you, please like it and accept it as the solution!
If you'd like to make any edits to your store, please send me a personal message and we can discuss what you'd like to accomplish 😄
MOREchocolate
Tourist
8 0 4

@Ninthonythanks for offering your help! Furtunately I already found the solution. For anyone who is looking for it aswell:

https://community.shopify.com/c/Shopify-Design/Prestige-Theme-checkbox-when-cart-set-to-quot-drawer-...