How can I change which products display on the homepage for a featured collection?

Solved
Highlighted
3 0 0

Hello!

I'm just starting to set up my site with the Supply theme. I would like to change which products display in a Featured Collections section on the homepage. Right now, there is some kind of default sort going on which has put 3 extremely similar products next to each other. I would prefer to customize these to show a more accurate variety of the products within the collection. Does anyone know if/how I can do this?

Thanks!

Laura

0 Likes
9 2 1

This is generally a category with items in it that is displayed.

If you view the customize portion of the theme, you should be able to see which collection the theme is using to display these products.

You can then change that collection, or you can view the collection and adjust the items in it.

0 Likes
3 0 0

Thanks for the reply! I understand the Collections and how I choose the items that belong to a collection and how to choose which collections to feature on the homepage.

My question is this: I have 9 earring designs in a collection. Three of those nine are extremely similar, while the other 6 are more varied. When I choose that collection for a 4-item "Featured Collections" section on the homepage, it shows the three similar products plus one more.

I want to control which 4 out of the nine items in the collection are shown.

(From what I can see, it aligns with the "Best Sellers" sort order on the Collection page, except that the sort order is not accurate, presumably because I've just imported my Etsy catalog and have not opened the Shopify store yet. Some of my best sellers are at the bottom of the page.)

0 Likes

Success.

9 2 1

In this case you may be able navigate to Products > Collections, select the featured collection then change the product sorting to Manual.

You are correct, since you imported from etsy and the store isnt opened, theres no info to determine the best seller order.

0 Likes
3 0 0

Found it -- thank you!!

0 Likes