How can I hide review date in "Product Reviews" app

KETTANEH
7 0 0

Hello,

How can I hide review's date in "Product Reviews" app?

regards,

Kettaneh

0 Likes
Rose
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
309 31 54

Hi, @KETTANEH!

Rose here from Shopify. Thanks for reaching out!

Currently, our development team cannot remove the date on the Product Reviews application as the customization of this content requires unsupported code changes. You can consider using another reviews app from our App Store that may allow for such a customization. 

Otherwise, I would suggest either hiring a Shopify Expert or wait to see if another developer responds to your thread with direct instructions for updating the code.

I hope that helps! If you have any other questions, please let me know.

Cheers!

Rose | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Reincarnated
Pathfinder
102 8 24

Hey there Mate.

Having the dates shown helps build trust.  If you want to post the link to one of your products though, I can take a look and give you the CSS needed to hide them if you really want it done.  It _should_ be a pretty easy change.

0 Likes
KETTANEH
7 0 0

Thanks Rose

0 Likes
KETTANEH
7 0 0

Hi Reincarnated, 

Thanks for your reply, a sample product https://the-cool-gadgets.com/products/toothpaste-tube-squeezer

I really appreciate even if you give me hints on which CSS file 

regards,

0 Likes
Reincarnated
Pathfinder
102 8 24

Hey there @KETTANEH 

Try this.  _Should_ work.

https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/apps/apps-by-shopify/product-reviews/advanced-customization#custo...

In the CSS file described above add the following:

.spr-review-header-byline {
display: none;
visibility: hidden;
}

you normally only need display:none, but i would test with Visibility hidden as well, to make sure no gaps are left in its place.

As stated in the above document, this is unsupported by Shopify but if you have issues with it a Dev (like myself) should be able to help you out.

And as always.  Test and backup ;)

0 Likes
KETTANEH
7 0 0

many many thanks :)

0 Likes
bjeurn
1 0 0

@Reincarnated 

Hey there 

I seem to have the same problem would it be possible to help me not see the date no more?

here is my product page: https://steezypurpose.com/products/2-step-teatoxcleanse

Thanks for your help bro

0 Likes
Gs7
Tourist
3 0 3

@Reincarnated wrote:

Hey there @KETTANEH 

Try this.  _Should_ work.

https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/apps/apps-by-shopify/product-reviews/advanced-customization#custo...

In the CSS file described above add the following:

.spr-review-header-byline {
display: none;
visibility: hidden;
}

you normally only need display:none, but i would test with Visibility hidden as well, to make sure no gaps are left in its place.

As stated in the above document, this is unsupported by Shopify but if you have issues with it a Dev (like myself) should be able to help you out.

And as always.  Test and backup ;)

Hi @Reincarnated ,

I paste the CSS code, but it seems to remove all the line (name + date).
Is there any way to ONLY remove the date, since we can not modify it ? Thanks!

EDIT : Okay I finally removed this part "<strong>{{ review.created_at | date: '%d %b, %Y' }}</strong>" in the Author information in settings.

I actually would like to let it if I can translate it. Months are in english, is it possible to translate the %b part, or at list make it as a number?

%d and %Y are numbers, so it's fine.

0 Likes
karataş
1 0 0

Hi,

Open Product review app than settings find Author information 

find this <strong>{{ review.author }}</strong> - <strong>{{ review.created_at | date: '%b %d, %Y' }}</strong>

replace this <strong>{{ review.author }}</strong>

0 Likes