How can I integrate my personalization option with aliexpress?

Gustavs_Safins
Excursionist
25 0 4

Hello, I sell personalized jewelry and I recently added a personalization text box in my product page. I used this https://help.shopify.com/en/themes/customization/products/features/get-customization-information-for... . I want to get this like synced with aliexpress so I do not have to complete each order manually. Please help, thanks.

Peter
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
2290 243 479

Hey, Gustavs. 

Peter here from Shopify Support!

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, however, after doing some research, it would appear that this isn't yet possible. This may be something you can organize with the supplier directly, however, this setup would typically require that you're a high order merchant. Alternatively, you could preorder these products, and engrave them yourself when an order comes in. Either way, it would require doing this manually as there isn't currently a direct way to send that information over to the supplier. 

If there's anything else I can help with please don't hesitate to reply back and I'll happily help out!

All the best, 

Peter
Shopify Support

Peter | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Gustavs_Safins
Excursionist
25 0 4

Thanks for your answer. Is there any way to make it so that the name they want to engrave comes to me in a form of email with this personalization text box and then I just send the name to the supplier?

0 Likes
Peter
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
2290 243 479

Hey, again!

You would have a few options in this case! One option would be to hire a Shopify Expert to code a text field into your product pages to allow for this feature. Alternatively, you could look into using apps like Infinite Options as this would add the text box as a variant. The great thing about this specific app is that it's free so would be a better alternative to having someone code it in.

Hope that helps!

Peter
Shopify Support

Peter | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
NickGardner
1 0 0

Hi,

I am on a trial with shopify and want to launch my store, but personalised items are important to the success of my store. 

Is it still the case that no apps exist that will pass personalised details to Ali Express? Can details be entered into the shipping information and that be sent to the supplier?

Kind Regards

Nick

0 Likes