How can I remove my store name from page titles?

Highlighted
5 0 0

Hi

I'm using the Classic theme and need to remove my store name from the end of my page titles as it's pushing them over the 70 character limit.

How do I do this please? I can post some of my liquid code to this request if you tell me where to find it e.g. Theme.liquid or a template etc.

Thanks

Caroline

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
23 0 11

You can remove Store name from sections/footer.liquid file and find this class "site-footer__links" ,then remove "a" tag.

Support@PSDCenter.com || www.PSDCenter.com || Themes.PSDCenter.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
5 0 0

I don't think that would work because I don't have a footer.liquid file.

I want to remove my store name from each product page title transmitted in the SEO by Shopify which has nothing to do with footers.

This earlier post explains exactly what I want to do but that member is using a different theme to me:

https://ecommerce.shopify.com/c/ecommerce-design/t/store-name-appearing-on-all-page-titles-how-do-i-...

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
23 0 11

Hi Caroline,

Find below code in theme.liquid and remove bold text that i highlight here:

<!-- Title and description ================================================== -->
  <title>
  {{ page_title }}{% if current_tags %}{% assign meta_tags = current_tags | join: ', ' %} &ndash; {{ 'general.meta.tags' | t: tags: meta_tags }}{% endif %}{% if current_page != 1 %} &ndash; {{ 'general.meta.page' | t: page: current_page }}{% endif %}{% unless page_title contains shop.name %} &ndash; {{ shop.name }}{% endunless %}
  </title>

Support@PSDCenter.com || www.PSDCenter.com || Themes.PSDCenter.com
1 Like
Highlighted
5 0 0

Hi

Ok many thanks. I can see that piece of code so will remove it.

Is there any way I can tell if it's worked i.e. can I run anything or see the results anywhere please? Or do I just have to wait for Google to pick up the changes?

Thanks

Caroline

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Yes I remove my store name from page titles but not from products title

<!-- Title and description ================================================== -->
  <title>
  {{ page_title }}{% if current_tags %}{% assign meta_tags = current_tags | join: ', ' %} &ndash; {{ 'general.meta.tags' | t: tags: meta_tags }}{% endif %}{% if current_page != 1 %} &ndash; {{ 'general.meta.page' | t: page: current_page }}{% endif %}{% unless page_title contains shop.name %} &ndash; {{ shop.name }}{% endunless %}
  </title>

Hi Can you help me Regarding this ! Please...

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 1

I just tried the following  but didn't work and I am using Debut Theme

@PSDCenter wrote:

Hi Caroline,

<title>
  </title>

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1 0 0

{%- include 'seo-title' -%}
<title>{{ seo_title }}</title>

{%- if page_description -%}
<meta name="description" content="{{ page_description | escape }}">
{%- endif -%}

{%- include 'social-meta-tags' -%}

{% include 'font-face' %}
{{ 'theme.scss.css' | asset_url | stylesheet_tag }}

This is my theme code what i do remove please 

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hello,

Do go with meta.liquid where find these line of code

{% comment %} Shop name {% endcomment %}
{%- assign seo_title = seo_title | append: ' | ' -%}

{%- assign seo_title = seo_title | append: shop.name -%}

Then remove the last line of code and save the file

(Remove this line ) -> {%- assign seo_title = seo_title | append: shop.name -%}

Refresh your site you can find the solution.

Thank you

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi, I'm looking to remove my store name from both the front and end of the page title.

In the shopify settings it looks correct. When I use 'inspect element' on the chrome browser it shows the store name at the end of the sentence. And when it's displayed in Google results, it shows the store name at the front (followed by a ":") and also at the end as below.

This is how it looks in Google: "STORE NAME: My Chosen Page Tile Wording - Store Name"

I'd like it to look like this (which would mirror the settings in Shopify "STORE NAME: My Chosen Page Tile Wording - Store Name"

Here's my code (using Wokiee Theme)

{%- capture seo_title -%}
{{ page_title }}
{%- if current_tags -%}
{%- assign meta_tags = current_tags | join: ', ' -%} &ndash; {{ 'general.meta.tags' | t: tags: meta_tags -}}
{%- endif -%}
{%- if current_page != 1 -%}
&ndash; {{ 'general.meta.page' | t: page: current_page }}
{%- endif -%}
{%- unless page_title contains shop.name -%}
&ndash; {{ shop.name }}
{%- endunless -%}
{%- endcapture -%}
<title>{{ seo_title }}</title>

Spoke to the developer (through Themeforest) and they've said this is custom coding, which is not supported.  Frustrating.

Any ideas? And thanks in advance

M.

0 Likes