Solved

How can I remove path on product page

janeman468
Visitor
3 0 1

I would like to remove this from the product page but can't seem to find it out. Im using the supply theme.

Screenshot 2020-01-20 at 22.20.39.png

Accepted Solutions (2)

Ninthony
Shopify Partner
2330 350 1024

This is an accepted solution.

You'll probably be looking for a file called breadcrumbs, couldn't really tell you without seeing your side of the code. Check your theme.liquid and ctrl + F for "breadcrumbs", you'll probably see something like this:

{% include 'breadcrumbs' %}

If it's not in theme.liquid, check header.liquid. To get rid of it you can comment it out:

{% comment %}
{% endcomment %}
If my solution helped you, please like it and accept it as the solution!
If you'd like to make any edits to your store, please send me a personal message and we can discuss what you'd like to accomplish 😄

View solution in original post

Lilith
Shopify Staff
603 73 185

Hi, @janeman468!

My name is Lilith, I'm on the Social Care team at Shopify.

I see that Ninthony gave a great answer there. I wanted to add where to find that file within the Supply theme if you're going to remove it from the product pages only.

1. Head to Online Store > Themes > Actions > Edit Code.

2. Open Sections > product-template.liquid.

You should be able to locate the {% include 'breadcrumbs' %} line at the top of your code if you've not modified it before.

In the event you'd like to remove the breadcrumb links from all pages on your store, you can opt to include a quick code in your theme.

To do this you can follow the steps below:

2. Open Assets >theme.scss.liquid.

3. Scroll to the bottom of that file and add the code below:

.breadcrumb {
  display: none;
}

4. Save.

If you do remove it from one page, you may also consider doing this for pages like collections, blogs, and others. This will help keep your site looking consistent without customers being confused as to why some pages have breadcrumbs and some don't.

Let me know how you do with the information above! I'm happy to answer any questions you think of as you work on your business.

Lilith | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 10 (10)

Ninthony
Shopify Partner
2330 350 1024

You'll probably be looking for a file called breadcrumbs, couldn't really tell you without seeing your side of the code. Check your theme.liquid and ctrl + F for "breadcrumbs", you'll probably see something like this:

If it's not in theme.liquid, check header.liquid. To get rid of it you can comment it out:

{% comment %}
{% endcomment %}
If my solution helped you, please like it and accept it as the solution!
If you'd like to make any edits to your store, please send me a personal message and we can discuss what you'd like to accomplish 😄
hellasdeals
Visitor
1 0 0

UPDATE (RESOLVED)

Hello , 

I have the same issue and i just don't understand what do you mean by (comment it out)
do you mean to add the comment line at the end or here?

hellasdeals_0-1609966189409.png

Lilith
Shopify Staff
603 73 185

Hi, @janeman468!

My name is Lilith, I'm on the Social Care team at Shopify.

I see that Ninthony gave a great answer there. I wanted to add where to find that file within the Supply theme if you're going to remove it from the product pages only.

2. Open Sections > product-template.liquid.

You should be able to locate the {% include 'breadcrumbs' %} line at the top of your code if you've not modified it before.

In the event you'd like to remove the breadcrumb links from all pages on your store, you can opt to include a quick code in your theme.

To do this you can follow the steps below:

2. Open Assets >theme.scss.liquid.

3. Scroll to the bottom of that file and add the code below:

.breadcrumb {
  display: none;
}

4. Save.

If you do remove it from one page, you may also consider doing this for pages like collections, blogs, and others. This will help keep your site looking consistent without customers being confused as to why some pages have breadcrumbs and some don't.

Let me know how you do with the information above! I'm happy to answer any questions you think of as you work on your business.

Frisk_20
Excursionist
28 0 10

Hello,

I'm looking into adding this into my eshop - theme Debut. The tutorial didn't work for me. Could you please advise where I should add the snippet code so I can have a breadcrumb navigation on my pages?

Thanks!

Lilith
Shopify Staff
603 73 185

Hi @Frisk_20, the steps and help above were to remove/hide the already existing breadcrumbs not to add them in.

I recommend posting a new topic to ask this fresh brand new question for this different theme in the forums.

Lilith
Shopify Staff
603 73 185

@Frisk_20, I did dig into finding a tutorial for you to help you add breadcrumbs to the pages.

I don't recommend modifying the code if you're not too experienced in HTML/CSS/Liquid, but we do have a developer tutorial called "Add breadcrumb navigation". 

Remember to back up your theme before attempting any changes to the code.

If you need some assistance to get this done on any theme I highly recommend hiring one of our partners to help you with this. You can find a suitable Shopify Partner in the Experts Marketplace or request a quote by following this guide here.

On the other hand, if you're using a free theme (like Debut as you mentioned) and haven't changed anything on the theme code, you can reach out to us to see if our development team can help. This, of course, depends if you have design time on your account.

xdreamineer
Excursionist
17 0 7

Hi,

I tried it on the theme Simple, but wont work. Do you have something for Simple? I  can not locate breadcrumbs either.

Thanks

Lilith
Shopify Staff
603 73 185

@xdreamineer since all themes are built differently and coded uniquely to account for the different features and functions they do, you won't find the same code from one theme to another.

In the case of the theme you have there, I highly recommend hiring one of our partners to help you build out the feature into the theme. You can find a suitable Shopify Partner in the Experts Marketplace or request a quote by following this guide here.

olivier5555
Visitor
2 0 0

super !!!!!!!!

VariousQuestion
Tourist
16 0 2

How to remove it only from contact us page?