How can I remove product thumbnails while still offering the variants?

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi All,

I am trying to solve the same problem, It would be nice if a Shopify expert can share the code with us.

Much appreciated!! 

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Any chance for an update on this for the new Sections templates?

I haven't been able to locate the above information on any of the product*.liquid pages.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
630 16 196

Hi Heidi,

Thanks for reaching out :) Each theme can have thumbnails appearing in different areas- could you like me to your store?

Cheers,

Liam

Liam Griffin
Shopify | Developer Community Manager
0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Could you make the same adjustments to my theme where the variant thumbnails are hidden but still visible when selected? Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
Highlighted
5 0 0

Hi Liam, 

If you could help to do the same for me I will really appreciate. I would like to have a variant image show only when the colour of the product is selected. 

Thanks,

Lesley. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
42 0 6

would be really helpful to find out what changes were made so we can do the same.

thanks

1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi Liam,

I think I have the same problem Joshua was having. I'm selling products with multiple colors and I don't want thumbnails to appear, just to change color when they click the variant.

Could you help me edit my Supply theme code to do this? https://unymas.com/products/mandil-mosquetero

Thank you

=)

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi Liam, I have the same problem. Can you help me to change my product.liquid template too? Or teach me what code is needed to add or change. I am using supply theme, this is my website ttps://babyhaus.net/products/toddler-head-protection-pads. Thank you in advance!

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi Liam,

I'm trying to accomplish the same on my site. I'm going to see If  it's possible to get even a bit more complicated...

I have a jewelry site where the gold colors and the pearl colors are both variants...I have the same 4 product views in all the variations but only want the photos to show when the variant is selected. Basically showing different groups of photos depending on what variant is selected.

Thank you!

Michele

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hello!

I like many others would love to be able and do this. I had a solution that worked perfectly for the Debut theme, but in switching to the Empire theme, the liquid code for products is nothing like Debut's code. I just want to hide any variants not currently selected in the product dropdown box. Naturally, any time a customer selects a different variant, the correct image is shown while hiding the others. Any and all help restoring this functionality would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Mike

0 Likes