How can i add sections to a regular page?

Highlighted
1 0 0

I would really appreciate it if Shopify can add these functions, especially since other website builders already have them. I guess I figure that I'll leave if they don't upgrade. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Yeah really.. I mean as if there would be any problem for shopify to simply add a few more "homepages" on the debut theme.. pretty unhelpful for beginners I've to say

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 3

Absurdly disturbing to find out this is almost a 3 year old topic and no official solution yet from Shopify. This is definitely a must-have feature for all the themes. I just don't get it when you can have all the section options in Home page but not in Product page. 3rd-party app can be a short term solution but only short-term.

Highlighted
1 0 0

The giant issue in not only the lack of feature in generating free order sections in other pages than homepage: the real great problem is that sections are related to templates and not to instances of article (or page or product or category).

If sections are related to templates every time the admin insert a section in a page (even if free ordered dynamic sections) then every page will have that section in it, because the section is related to the template, and not the page itself.
It's absurd to be obliged to create a new template for any single content.

Every basic CMS relates cms components to the single page (or post, or pdp, or category) and not to the whole template.
In this sense all the 3rd party Apps working on sections are simply doing workorounds, Shopify core cms has to be restructured in its logic.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

"advise you to reach out to our experts... for support." So this is how you guys really make your money. Well, you're not getting mine--I'm moving back to Squarespace. Thanks for the fantastic bait and switch.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 1

I agree. Shopify becomes a complete waste of time and money if you can't customize your pages. Why would anyone pay to use their service knowing these pretty basic limitations? 

I have to say I am extremely disappointed, and from now on I will no longer recommend Shopify to my clients. 

This has been a waste of time and money.

Highlighted

Hey all, I 100% agree this is a major piece that is missing and should have launched in some way years ago... but they ARE working on it. Listen to this podcast starting at about 11 min for a summary of what they are working on and some details: 

https://podcasts.apple.com/ca/podcast/the-unofficial-shopify-podcast/id918602360#episodeGuid=d39ba77...

https://open.spotify.com/episode/6T0pv4gnjv2MbGkH8ZZuvz?si=SrG1tJpKQKO6C4B6h6Zlkw

Shopify Partner // Design + Development
0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Shopify is by far superior from an ecomm perspective and gives you room to grow, if that is your plan.  

It isn't an advanced CMS and doesn't claim to be.   There are very few (if any) platforms that provide this level of Ecommerce features as well as a highly advanced CMS, especially in this price range.  

You can create custom pages with a bit of research and knowledge (bring in experts when you need them) even without the need for apps which I admit can get expensive so I try to avoid them where I can.

Squarespace has its place like any platform.  Advanced ecomm certainly isn't its strong point.

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

100% agree with this. I also bought a premium theme because the Demo looked beautiful and had so many features. Now as I'm building, I realize only the homepage looks pretty, but anything else on your site is incredibly simple and ugly.  I'm so disappointed. The only way to fix this now is to buy a bunch of third party plug ins to build better pages.  

Soooo disappointed in Shopify. Very very

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 1

@Shopify 

Your response to this issue would be appreciated.

Spend money on a developer or a crappy third party app to use functionality on more than just one main page is an unacceptable answer.

What say you?

0 Likes