How did you hear about us not always capturing

1 0 0

Hi, 

I set up the "how did you hear about us" during checkout and it generally works ok on my site. However, in some instances this information doesn't seem to get captured.

When it works it appears under "Additional Details" located just below "Notes" on the order record. When it doesn't work the whole "Additional Details" section is missing.

This seems to be an intermittant problem or it could depend on how the customers checks out. I am not qualified enough to analyse the code to determine this.

Any ideas?  rota-bbq.myshopify.com

Ian

0 Likes
Tourist
12 0 0

I am having the same problem and I know its because I have Shopsync with Mailchimp connected.  When I run a mailchimp campaign, it replaces my note attribute 1 with its own code (MC_ID) which is where the 'how did you hear about us' is stored.  Are you running any other apps that might be replacing note attribute 1?

Is there a way to move 'how did you hear about us' to note attribute 2?  I'm thinking that is easier than trying to get Mailchimp to change their code (like that would ever happen...ha ha ha).

0 Likes
1 0 0

Same thing happening to me - any ideas? I thought it might be abandoned cart emails but these are turned off - I've disabled shop-sync in case that's causing the issue

0 Likes