How do I add a GIF to my product page?

Solved
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1861 110 400

Hey, everyone!

If you find issues with embedding a gif (i.e. sizing issues, it redirects incorrect, etc.), then you would want to reach out to a Shopify Expert or create a new thread here on the Community Forums to seek further assistance. Shopify is unable to provide troubleshooting support on third-party coding; however, creating a new thread will increase your chances of this issue being seen by someone in our Community that may be able to assist you. 

Peter | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Tourist
5 0 1

Hey Peter I did just this and my GIFs for some reason are too wide on mobile so it gets cut off. How do I get the entire GIF picture to fit in the center of the screen?

0 Likes
1 0 5

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_epwy9Y1A3U 

I was desperately searching for the solution. I found this video on Youtube. This guy explains it very well! Thanks to him I am finally capable of adding GIFs, if the GIF is too big on mobile devices go for ´´Small´´ and not regular link. The link still has to ends with .gif

Hopefully it is going to help you all :-)

Tourist
4 0 0
Very helpful video, thank you!!!

0 Likes
1 0 0

Hi~I tried to add gif to the product description and it didn't work so I searched the help centre and found 2 possible solutions which is via setting upload file  ( which it failed.) and second solution was to go to Giphy and upload the file then get the embed code then edit on the rich text of the product page yet again it didn't work. Would love to have more in-depth help please!

0 Likes
1 0 0

Glad there was a video 

0 Likes
1 0 0

Con la página giphy.com he conseguido hacerlo, lo recomiendo. Solo tienes que abrirte una cuenta en ésta página y crear tu gif y después lo puedes insertar como imagen en la página de artículo en shopify con la URL que te facilitan en giphy. Espero que les sirva de ayuda. Saludos.

pd: probé de diversas formas dentro de la app de shopify pero no pude, me daba error, insertando en la página de artículo, añadiendo archivo en la página de contros...etc.

0 Likes
2 0 0

This video explained the issue and fixed forwarding your customers to giphy, WITHOUT having to hire a shopify expert. thankyou!! 

0 Likes