How do I add search Bar?

3 0 0

Hello everyone, I have just started my new website 3dpartpicker.com . I have been at this for about a day now and cant figure it out. I want when people are on the site and click search from navigation for it to have a side bar appear in navigation. I dont want it to redirect them to a different page to search . Thankyou so much!

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
472 25 57

Hey!

Ava here from Shopify. I've just checked out your site and clicked the search bar in the top right of the header. This seems to open the search bar field you wanted! Did you want to add it here?

15-41-xvd30-6n4qs

Is the search option in the navigation where you wanted the search bar to appear? Can I ask why you would like this? The icons in the header (search/account/cart) imply a quick option, the navigation options are intended to redirect to a more detailed page. Would it be an option to remove the search option from the navigation if you only wanted the quick search bar? I think most customers would intuitively know what that search icon means, so having it available in the navigation too may confuse things.

Adding the search bar field to the navigation is not something our own Theme Support team could help you with, as this would be a complex change that would be outside the scope of our support. However, we can add the word 'search' beside the search icon if you prefer? Just to provide some clarity.

Let me know what you think! 

Ava | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
1 0 0

Hi, Im trying to do something similar on my web, Right now its showing a magnifying glass, I want to create action on that and make it look like an input field that reads search search by Keyword or something, www.newhouseco.com 

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
472 25 57

Hey @dborrero142

Ava here, so sorry for the delayed response!

I've just had a look at your store and can see this section is set as your search bar - 

17-38-j2tmp-0acw4

Are you happy with the text added or were you still looking to change this? It looks good to me, it looks like it is obviously the search bar! Do let me know if you still wanted to change this, happy to see if I can lend a hand here.

Ava

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Sorry, it has been a while. How do I add the search tab like the one that has been shown?

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
472 25 57

Hi @Salvatore_Lacor!

Just from taking a look at your site, I can see the search bar will let the customer stay on the same page while searching

I did notice that the search results will leave a customer to a different page, is this what you meant?

Did you want to customer to enter a phrase into the search bar and have a drop-down menu of search results to choose from? If so, this would be too custom a change for our Theme Support team to make for you I'm afraid. However, you should be able to do this with the help of a developer! You can actually post a job on the Shopify Experts Page. and see what feedback and quotes you get. You can find where and how to do this here.

Alternatively, you could also see if one of our Partners or Developers here on in the Community could help you out! A lot of the time, Experts and Developers hang out in the comments section here to help people out. So you may get assistance from someone here!

Let me know what you think!

Ava

Social Care

0 Likes