How do I change the product page for the Brooklyn Theme?

Michael_Keller
7 0 0

The product page for the Brooklyn theme is extremely weird. I can't believe it got through some how! It is simply WEIRD!

So, how do I change the Brooklyn product page to look more like a grid- template type thing.

I've tried copying/pasting from other themes. Doesn't work. I also know a little HTML (very little) and couldn't fix it. Thanks in advance to anyone who can cure my store of this terrible issue. 

0 Likes
Elle_old
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
269 1 28

Hey Michael, 

Stephanie here from Shopify!

You can change the style of the product page within the customize theme section of your admin. 

Click on Online store > Themes > Customize theme. Once you are there, navigate your way to your collection page so that you have the option of changing the section for 'collection pages'

It looks like this:

After you select 'collection pages', you'll see the option to toggle from collage to grid :)

Hope this helps! If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to reach out to our 24/7 support. 

- Stephanie

Stephanie | Shopify Support
0 Likes
Michael_Keller
7 0 0

No, you don't understand. I mean the PRODUCT PAGE like when you are viewing a product. The images  go down from the main one and it looks weird. How can I make it like ONE BIG PICTURE that people can zoom in on, and then a few thumbnails below it people can click on? You know, like most normal E-Commerce sites...?

0 Likes
JamesC
15 0 0

Hi Michael,

Were you able to find a solution for this issue?

Any help is greatly appreicated.

Thank you!

0 Likes
Wahhaj_Iqbal_Kh
3 0 0

any update about this cause i'm also looking for a solution to this problem

0 Likes
ekfarina
Tourist
6 0 0

This might just be a limitation of the Brooklyn being a free template - very limited customization. I'm bumping up against a handful of changes I'd like to make to my shop which is currently using the Brooklyn template and it's just not possible. Trying to tweak some code items on my own has only led to more headaches. I may just have to go for a paid template that is closer to what I'm looking for.

0 Likes