How do I edit the "Products" title in the Collections page?

Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 1

I am using the Snow theme, and want to change the "Products" title in my collection page to "Crates", but after digging around in collection.liquid I cannot find how to do it.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
2684 67 841

Hi Nathan

couple of things to try:

1. collection.liquid may contain a line {% section 'collection-template' %}, which means you have to dig furter in the collection-template.liquid Section.

2. You may encounter code similar to <h1>{{ collection.title }}</h1>  which means that  this is the name of your collection and you have to change it in Collection properties in your Admin (not your case, though)

3. You may encounter code similar to <h1>{{ 'collections.collection.heading' | t }}</h1>  this means you have to click 3-dot button by the theme name select "Edit language" and look in the collections tab. | t  is the trigger here.

Ayway you're looking for <h1>..something...</h1>  -- share this code here and we will be able to solve this.

Want to hire me to tweak a theme? Mail me at tairli@yahoo.com!
My post solved your problem? Like it!
I am away till Feb-15.
0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

Hi Tim, I have the same question but for the Debut theme please?

Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
2684 67 841

Hi Rachael, 

Debut shows the collection name as the collection page title. So you have to rename your collection to change this text. Featured collection on the hompage can be renamed in the section settings. 

Hope I understood your question correctly.

I am away till Feb-15.
0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

Thanks Tim, I ended up finding it in Sections> collection-template.liquid and just commented it out for now, but if I want to change <h1>{{ collection.title }}</h1> to something like "Boxes" how do I go about this?

Thanks,

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
2684 67 841

Well, you can just put it like this: <h1>Boxes</h1>, but I wonder why can't you change the collection title to be boxes? I guess if only you want to have no title at all...

I am away till Feb-15.
0 Likes
Highlighted
8 0 0

Hi. I'm having the same issue where I don't know how to change the word "Products" to say "shop all" at the top of the shop all page. It's weird because when I go into the Collection page and opt to view the page directly from there, it pops up with "SHOP ALL" at the top like I want, but when you just go to that page directly it says "products". How do I change it? Thanks! 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 2

Im having the same issue with the Debut theme. In the code it says it should display the collection.title and my collection is called "All products" but it only shows products. SOS?

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi,  I'm having this problem too.  Showing the collection name as the page title that is not the problem.  My issue is that when 'all products' is selected, that is when 'Products' is the title.  And I would like to change it to 'all hats' instead.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Seems to me like the "Products" page is really just a special built-in pseudo-collection that automatically contains all your products. There doesn't seem to be a way to customize the name of this pseudo-collection, so I think the best workaround is to create a new collection call "All My Stuff" or whatever you want to call it, add all your products to it, and then in all the places where you currently link to the "All Products" page, just link to your new collection instead. Note that you can make it an "automated" collection that simply includes all your products, or all your products or a certain type or tag etc., so you don't have to update it manually.

Note that there will still be a page for the "Products" pseudo-collection (probably at /collections/all), but you just don't have to link to it anywhere. It may still show up in search engines. Not sure if anything can be done about that.

0 Likes